Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, May-06-03, 09:09

Plan: Low Carb My Way
Stats: 170/169/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%
Exclamation Over Carbed (cheated) and did not lose Ketosis

I over carbed early yesterday from some not-so-good news I learned yesterday and of course, let my emotional eating take over. I had Ice Cream and Doritos at around 1pm (lunchtime). Within a short time after, I felt PO'd at myself for eating this junk so I drank lots and lots of water and continued to eat low carb/higher fat for the rest of the afternoon/evening. I even went to exercise to try to burn off these carbs. Before going to bed I tested - I was registering small on the stix.

Just a short while ago (after CURVES this morning); I tested again. Medium Purple and I never lost my ketosis symptoms.

My carb count for yesterday was 70 (day).

Could it be that because of the exercise and the water I can go to such a level of carbs (CCL) daily without falling out of ketosis?

Don't get me wrong - this is NOT going to be something I do but it is good to know that this mistake did not cost me too much.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, May-06-03, 09:45

Plan: Aktins
Stats: 225/185/150 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 53%

Wow, how lucky are you??? I look at one carb over 20 and I'm right out of ketosis!

I have been on Atkins for 6 1/2 weeks now and have not except to have too much alcohol. I paid for that with a stall that lasted 3 weeks.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, May-06-03, 10:08

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 244/165/150 Female 5'5"
BF:It is scary!
Progress: 84%

Wow Thats great!I was bad during easter(really bad),I was suprised it only took one full day for me to get back into ketosis. I have stayed in induction levels 20 grams or lower bc I have so much to lose!So I have been in constantketosis besides that one day (knocking on wood)I guess I have been lucky!Cant wait to weigh May 11th wish be luck!Good Luck and keep up the good work we all cheat by accident sometimes but then we get back on that horse!