Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Apr-24-03, 08:36

Plan: my own
Stats: 253/176.0/153 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 77%
Default Desperate for information

Is there anyone out there who has experieced very low energy and just generally feeling blah on this WOL? I have been doing this for 4 months now and would have thought that I would have adapted to eating this way. I've been searching these threads and can't seem to find anything that I'm doing wrong so far. Only thing I am trying now is increasing carbs because of the work-outs that I do. Everything else I seem to be doing ok. Taking lots of vitamins and supplements too! If there is anyone out there who has experienced this, PLEASE let me know what you did to start feeling better! And if you could also guide me in the direction of how to actually lose some weight and inches , that would be great too!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Apr-24-03, 09:26

Plan: south beach (CAD)
Stats: 314/284/150 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:49
Progress: 18%

Maybe you should explore some of the other low carb options under "Which low carb plan is right for me?" (at the right) Maybe one of the other plans would better suit your needs. I tried Atkins for one day-knew I couldn't live with it and tried CAD. After 9 weeks I am still very happy with this WOE. It really depends on your body's needs. If you are always tired-I would listen to my body and make adjustments.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Apr-24-03, 16:35

Plan: Atkins/Induction
Stats: 360/340/150
BF:66%/60%/27%
Progress: 10%
Hello,

I don't have the energy that people keep talking about, but then it may be due to how heavy I am.

Also I am battling fibromyalgia, and that makes me tired.

Every once in a while, maybe 3 times a week, I will get a sudden burst of energy and I run with it.

I hope my energy level increases as I lose more and start swimming.

They say to keep moving to get oxygen into your blood.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Apr-28-03, 06:59

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%
Thumbs down No energy

I've read of a couple of people who have experienced the same thing. You might want to drop by Plum's journal as she has found this and have a chat with her. She has now switched to CAD which has improved her energy levels a lot. She also finds that she is better with higher protein and less fat in her diet.

I hope that you find what suits you soon as I agree that this is a great way to live.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Apr-28-03, 11:19

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%

I also have periods where my energy goes way, way down. You might want to explore various programs, and post a few typipcal menus so that others can see if you need to tweak your intake a bit.

BTW, are you getting plenty of rest too?

I've been losing inches rapidly by doing my cardio (walking 3 miles) first thing in the morning and on an empty stomach. I can't believe how fast I'm seeing results...

Donald
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Apr-28-03, 11:20

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Here's a link to a discussion of AM cardio on an empty stomach in case you want to give it a try...

http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdis...p?s=&forumid=12

Donald
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Apr-28-03, 13:13

Plan: my own
Stats: 253/176.0/153 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 77%

Hi Everyone and thank you all very much for the responses. I can't do CAD because I am diabetic. I believe from what I remember that CAD is the one that allows a bonus meal everyday. I have to keep carbs spaced out during the day evenly to keep my blood sugar in check. I am experimenting with different amounts of carbs now to see if my energy will come back and yet still not affect my blood sugar. I am also experimenting with exercise and calorie levels. I do like the low carb WOE, but what I was doing is obviously not working for me for whatever reason. Actually, I should say its not working for losing weight, inches or gaining energy. It is working for reducing sugar levels, blood pressure and cholestral levels. I'm not sure if I would be able to do cardio on an empty stomach as it tends to lower my blood sugar, but thank-you Donald for mentioning that. I am trying to get more sleep too, but thanks to a very busy, active family, sometimes that is near impossible. LOL I am not giving up here. I will still look for answers and keep experimenting until I find something that works for me. I do need to lose this excess weight, so that will be one of my main focuses here. WTG to everyone on all your superb weight losses! I wish you all continued successes and I would certainly appreciate if anyone ever comes upon some information that you think may help me, if you would let me know.