Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Sep-26-02, 08:32

Plan: atkins
Stats: 115/115/100
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default atkins for the gym buffs

hi! im kinda a gym fanatic here and i was wondering if followin the atkins induction phase in itself can help me get lean?? or should i concentrate more on fat or lean protein???
and ive seen alot of posts lately rgdg xendarine..is it okay to take or will it jst wreck havoc my fat loss in this diet????pleassseeee hellp
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Sep-26-02, 08:54
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi there Dark Angel,

Honey, my first question to you is why on earth do you think you are not lean?
At 5'4 and 115 lbs, you are at the very lowest end of the spectrum of normal weights.

Trying to lose any more weight can and will lead to an eating disorder with all the major health problems that can ensue.

Have you ever received counselling for an ED? Whether or not you have in the past, I think it would be a great idea for you to seek counselling to help you to come to terms with your body image.

Meanwhile, have a look at this website on Normal Eating. It gives gentle, non-critical advice that I would dearly like you to follow.

All the best.

Rosebud
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Sep-27-02, 07:47

Plan: atkins
Stats: 115/115/100
BF:
Progress: 0%

well,i dont think im lean enough coz i still have this gut problem and im entering a sort of competition which requires me to look lean enough....i want to add more muscle really
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Sep-27-02, 07:50

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

Can you show me one diet that targets a specific region of your body to burn fat from?

Try stomach crunches. I agree with Roz that you shouldn't lose more weight.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Oct-16-02, 17:56
Registered Member

Plan: Freestyle
Stats: 182/161/145
BF:25%/13.8%/5%
Progress: 57%

Despite popular believe, you cannot target one area for fat loss. Fat loss is due to a net usage of calories being more than what you consumed, whether through diet or exercise.
So crunches are exercise yes, and they will cause you to burn some fat up, but its gonna come off your body as a whole.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Oct-16-02, 18:47

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Psilocybin..

I don't think the suggestion for doing crunches was for the purpose of fat loss. It's more to tone up an area that DarkAngel perceives that she needs to firm up more. Focusing on toning the muscles in that area will help. You can't "spot reduce", but you can "spot firm".

DarkAngel...

Losing more weight at this point is going to come at the expense of losing lean body mass and you really don't want that. Focus on getting adequate protein and fats along with maintainance levels of carbs and sufficient calories along with your workouts and I think you'll be pleased with the results in a month or so.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Oct-16-02, 18:54
Registered Member

Plan: Freestyle
Stats: 182/161/145
BF:25%/13.8%/5%
Progress: 57%

Well, it was this line:

Quote:
Can you show me one diet that targets a specific region of your body to burn fat from?

That i was replying to