Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jul-29-03, 19:03
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 187/178/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 19%
Talking Day 3 of induction and feeling great!

Thought I would introduce myself. I started a journal here, but that's been my only post so far. I started the Atkins diet on Monday and it's now Wednesday mid morning here (in central Australia). For the most part I have felt quite well. I've had moments of feeling dizzy and I woke up this morning feeling kind of weird. But once I got my water in and ate something, I felt fine.

This is about my 3rd attempt with Atkins, but my first time in a couple of years and my only attempt having this great support forum! I also feel like I know more about it this time and that helps. Plus I've seen that there's a lot more variety to it than I had originally thought.

A little history about myself: I've been somewhat overweight since elementary school. I know that in 5th grade I weighed 116 and was the heaviest girl in my class. Doesn't seem like much now, but I remember being weighed in front of the whole class and being embarrassed. My mother always was a disliker of "fat people" and called me names growing up. I think she thought she was just being funny, but of course that really affected me. Thankfully I had a wonderful father who always told me I was beautiful

In junior high and high school I probably flucuated between 145 and 160 lbs (I'm 5'5"). I always felt fat. I tried many diets, but never felt I had the willpower to stay on them. My lowest as an adult has been 150. Seems like forever since I was there. I had my first child 3 years ago and pre preggo weighed 170. Gained over 40 lbs with him (he was 9lbs 14 oz). Eventually lost all of the weight from that pregnancy by walking, doing slim fast and trying to watch what I ate. Then I got pg with my 2nd child. Gained about the same weight with him and he was big as well. He's 14 months and I still have 15 lbs to go to lose the pregnancy weight. But I don't want to stop there. At 150 I felt much better about my body, but I still could have lost more. So my fantasy goal has always been 135, but never thought I could get there...until now.

My husband started the Atkins diet a week before me. He's done it before with success. He's not really overweight, just needed to lose some extra lbs (he's military). So it's great having that extra support. We were in the process of trying to conceive our 3rd child when I started this. So I decided to put it on hold at least until I reach pre preggo weight. But I might find that I want to wait until I actually get closer to my goal. We'll see. I also think we're going to gradually turn the kids diet onto low carb. At least choosing healthier foods for them...no processed crap.

Well, thanks for reading this far! I look forward to getting to know you all (well, not ALL of you...there sure are a lot of us here!).
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jul-29-03, 21:29
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 141/146/123 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: -28%
Default Congrats!

Just wanted to wish you the best of luck. I am starting induction as well for the 3rd time.. Its tough but I know It works! Good luck to ya!