Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Jul-30-02, 16:53
Everyday Sane Psycho

Plan: Bernstein, Keto IFast
Stats: 385/253/160 Female 67.5
BF:14d bsl 400/122/83
Progress: 59%
Question Is Low Carbing really too expensive?

Some background, last night I was talking to a friend about his diabetes. He has been in and out of the hospital every month and is losing hope he will ever get over his symptoms of throwing up and high gas. He complains of Acid Reflux, excess gas, aching joints, his sugar level (Still over 200) and the fact he's always hungry (he has gained 80lbs in the last year).

I naturally ( ) suggested low carbing. And he replyed it was too expensive eating low carb. This made me wonder if what he thought was true. Truth, My grocery shopping has increased by $50-100 than before. However, I don't eat out as much. Also I don't go to the candy/snack machine at work anymore. Just those two things would have cost me $50 dollars a week. But wait.
I don't need asthma medicine anymore, nor prozac nor the heavy use of Motrin. I don't use Zantac daily anymore. This lack of needing has saved me a little over $120 in medicine a month
Hmmm. That means, it costs me less to be on Atkins than it did before!
Oh Can I add to you my health benifits? My sugar level has been at 78 for almost a year! My cholesteral is excellent - 135. (My good cholestral is 55 ) Acid Relux? Gone. Bloatedness? Never.
Always hungry, ok I do have this in a cycle like way. I suspect that my monthly TOM has something to do with this.

Be truthful, how does your budget on Low carbing vs before you started? I'm talking money.

Last edited by Lessara : Tue, Jul-30-02 at 16:59.
Sponsored Links