Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Apr-23-02, 21:09

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 170/160/135
BF:
Progress: 29%
Talking Fitday

I am so impressed with the fitday web site....it isn't funny. LOL Since I've gotten the hang of it, it is a wonderful resource. I mean they've got EVERYTHING you can think of, short of possum stew. ROFL What a great way to keep track of what you're eating for the day. It is also a great way to track past days too. I also added something on a day that had passed, because I didn't get to enter it while it was the current day. I can't speak enough praise for this site. Whoever designed it did an exceptional job. I'm sure it took a long time to gather all of the information.

Long live F I T D A Y !!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Apr-24-02, 05:53

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%

I'll support you on that one. A great site and an eye opener that I needed so many calories just to get by.

It was sorely missed when it went off line the weekend before last. You get so addicted to a product that when it is not there you get lost. A bit like this site.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Apr-24-02, 09:08
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Cool

I like how thorough they are in the variety of activities you can add for burning calories. "Sitting on toilet", "Police, making an arrest (standing)", "Sexual activity, Active, vigorous effort" ...

Of course, I use some of the obscure ones: "Music playing, flute", "backpacking" and "Marching, rapidly, military".
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Apr-24-02, 09:21
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 150.8/145.8/135 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 32%

Kristine! You're cracking me up! I had no idea they had *those* activities. I'll have to go see how many calories get burnt sitting on the toilet.

Seriously, though, I agree....a great resource!!!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Apr-24-02, 17:21

Plan: atkins/protein power 1st
Stats: 269/278/210 Male 5 feet 10 ins.
BF:33%/30%/ ?
Progress: -15%
Default Good but...

Frustrating if you are not American. If you search for "Beefburger " no matching food is the reply.

It is at times like these that I wish a little talking paper clip would ask me if I was trying to type "hamburger". The paper clip seems to know what I am doing before I do. ....Hamburger? Nah.. Beefburgers are made with beef not ham!

You begin to wonder "what is in a beefburger?" Aha beef mince. So you type in beef mince . no matching food. Sarcastically you search for Burger King and fortunately that is not registered as food either!

You decide that a beefburger is a hamburger and type it in. There are pages and pages of Hamburgers. Hamburgers with relish hamburgers with buns,with rolls, with catsup, with mayonaise, double patty's, triple pattys and even Tortino's Pizza rolls pizza snacks hamburger...frozen! A plain unadulterated hamburger with no bun, no pickles, nothing, zip does not appear.

I start talking to my computer screen . This is a bad sign. Look I say to the Fitday search engine, it is a simple question I want to know the nutritional contents of a quarter pound 100% beef Beefburger. How about a cheeseburger, 1/4 pound with grilled onions on a rye bun? NO! NO! NO!

Back to beef mince as an idea. Reverse the words. ( I am , if not stupid , resourceful) mince beef . No matching food. AAAAAAARGHHHH!

Calm down. Mrs R is getting concerned. What do Americans call a bloody beefburger ? I call down the stairs from my office. "Ground beef" comes the reply.

Dammit why is Mrs R always right.

Last edited by rustpot : Thu, Apr-25-02 at 07:54.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Apr-24-02, 19:23
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%

Because she married YOU!
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Apr-25-02, 04:32

Plan: Atkins, PP
Stats: 188.4/188.4/132 Female 160cm
BF:
Progress: 0%

LOl Rustpot, I know exactly what you mean...I have a lot of recipes from the states (took me forever to work out what Scallions are, I allways thought they are a kind of fish), so the other day, I thought I am clever and ask Fitday for "Bell Pepper" which is what americans apparently call Sweet Pepper....Guess what? FitDay calls it Sweet Pepper......

I also find it hard to measure everything in cups. I have got myself a set of US Measuring Cups. Great. So I am in the kitchen cooking. Before I put stuff on my plate, I try and measure it in the cups (It's hard to stuff a T-Bone Steak into those tiny things, but brute force has it's uses). Then, after dinner, I log on to Fitday, only to find out, that some of the food is not measured in Cups on there, but in oz.....So now, while I am cooking I have the measuring cups, Tablespoons, Teaspoons and a scale next to me, to measure everything in all available manners..... I think I will have to install an internet PC in the kitchen....those Internet Fridges must have been invented by a user of FitDay....

Now on a serious note, I wish FitDay would make more use of oz/grams than cups. It would make my life a lot easier. Also, I find it annoying, that everytime I use the vegetable as "cooked from fresh, fat added during cooking", they add salt. I use unsalted butter.....grrrr Does anyone know, if I can just use the raw version ?

Greetings and have fun on FitDay.

Sabine