Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jul-15-03, 06:02

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 161/155/125 Female 5ft.4ins.
BF:don't know
Progress:
Default Buddy in UK needed

Hi, would love to have a dieting buddy in the UK. Have about 30 pounds I would like to lose, no one else around me is into low carbing and so I feel very alone. Help????
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jul-15-03, 10:46

Plan: BFL with SP
Stats: 167/158.5/150 Female 63ins
BF:31/26/20
Progress: 50%

Hi Carol
I also feel quite cut off from the other dieters around me who are all low-fat, weight-watcher people. This is just a quick reply but I will write more as soon as I can. I also have about 30 pounds to lose, though my first goal is to lose about a stone. I don't usually look at this thread but am hoping to join the midsummer fitness challenge so saw your post. So I will be popping in much more in future!

Judy
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jul-15-03, 11:03

Plan: atkins/bernstein
Stats: 105/105/105 Female 63ins
BF:
Progress:

hi carol.
i know this can be a lonely diet in uk,in the 3 years i,ve been doing it i only new 2 other people who had tried it and they only stuck with it for a couple of weeks.i,ll pop in to write to you and give you any support i can.

christine
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jul-16-03, 14:12

Hi Carol
You might find it useful to start a journal. That way people can look in on you and give you support and advice, and it will also help you look back on when you were doing well and keep track of how you are getting on. Just go into the journals section, and start a thread in the relevant bit of the alphabet (C for you).

Hope you are doing OK and sticking with it.

Judy
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-03, 11:27

Progress:

Thanks for your replies! I haven't had a chance to log on recently, so I am OVERJOYED to find two replies. Write when you can, please! I went off the diet on my hols, just re started this week. I have so much trouble saying no to bread.......argghhhh! Thanks for your support!
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-03, 12:42

Hi Carol

I am the same with holidays - however much I plan, take stuff with me to eat, tell myself I won't be led astray - I just gradually come off plan and start eating stuff I shouldn't even look at

This happens every time and sabotages my previous efforts. This time when I went on holiday I was determined to just have one or two "free" meals. But somehow that holiday feeling induces relaxation with eating as well as everything else.

I'm back on track and have lost most of what I put on this time. In the past I would have gone whole hog and given up, but now, with low carb, it is easy to get back on (so far!!).

Do consider starting a journal - you will get support from a lot of people on this board that way. Good luck, and don't give up. A bit of bread is not too bad, it could be a lot worse!

Judy
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-03, 16:21

Progress:

Thanks, I agree! It was so easy to justify as well, we went on a cruise, so all the meals were included in the price. I kept saying to myself that we piad for them so I should eat them!

Good news is that I have managed to shed 3 lbs this week thus far after going back on induction and back on my supplements. With that momentum and your encouragement........
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-03, 13:15

That's great, Carol. When do you come off induction?

I don't count calories or carbs. I know I should and I've tried putting it in on Fitday, but I just find it too much of a burden. I've never counted calories or anything, ever.

What I am trying to do is just sticking to the allowed foods, and leaving all the others alone. This works most of the time!

What supplements do you take? I feel I should start taking them but, other than a multi-vitamin, I'm not sure what I should be taking.

Judy