Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Sep-07-04, 04:51

Plan: Atkins, Zone
Stats: ---/155/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress:
Default Dreamfields Pasta

Ok finally found this little black box that is suppose to taste like real pasta...it was hard to find but have one now....was standing in the store reading the label like i do to anything i buy and put the box back...it read:
cals: 300 (3/4 cups)
fat: 1.5 g
cholest: 0mg
sodium:35mg
Carbs: 62g
fiber:7g
sugars:3g
sugar alcohos:2g
protein:12g

then it says carb facts:
total carbs: 62g
dietary fiber:-7g
protected carbs: -47g *
digestible carbs: 8g

*:dreamfields uniqued fiber and protein blend protects cars from digestion as demonstated in clinical testing

now what proves that it is really total of 8grams for 3/4 cups after it said 62g..that is a big difference...how digestible can it be...so i put the box back...continued doing my grocery shopping and had to go back and take that little black box...i paid 3.99 its still sitting in the cupboard...havent done anything with it yet...i thought i would ask in here if any of you guys understand this label cause its not so clear to me...
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Sep-07-04, 05:29

Plan: Undecided atm
Stats: 162/000/115 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 345%

http://www.mendosa.com/dreamfields_pasta.htm Here is some info on it.

Jenn
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Sep-07-04, 07:25

Plan: Aktins
Stats: 292/282/155 Male 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 7%
Talking

There are tons of websites devoted to Dreamfields pasta. I looked all over the St Louis area and couldn't find any so I finally broke down and bought some online (from somewhere, I don't remember). My wife and I ate the recommended serving (2 oz dry) 3 nights in a row. It tastes great - just like normal high-carb pasta - and it didn't even stall me for losing weight that week. I don't know how its affected other people but this low-carb pasta seems to be the real deal. Based on that, I recommend to at least give it a try!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Sep-07-04, 07:32

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 241/212.5/150 Female 68 inches
BF:way/too/much
Progress: 31%

It doesnt cause me any blood sugar flucuations. I eat the recommended 2oz dry serving. I eat it maybe once a week.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Sep-07-04, 09:12

BF:
Progress:

Thanks Elsah
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Sep-07-04, 09:29
Registered Member

Plan: simple low carb :)
Stats: 165/157/150 Female 67"
BF:Have a boyfriend!
Progress: 53%

actually it's 5g per 3/4 cup of pasta. i haven't found a low carb red sauce, so i always make it with alfredo sauce and chicken. i eat it a few nights a week for dinner. no stomach upset, no insulin spike.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Sep-07-04, 10:01
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

I think some people react differently. There are some diabetics that get a blood sugar rise several hours after eating it. So just be aware that you might be one of the people that metabolizes it differently. Keep alert for cravings and hunger. I found myself getting hungry not long after eating it. I'm not sure if its because I didn't have enough protein and fat, or if it was a blood sugar response.

And I think that might be another problem with it. If you take out all the carbs, its really... just a placeholder for sauce. I think you really might need to make sure you get a healthy dose of protein along with it to keep you feeling full.

Last edited by Nancy LC : Tue, Sep-07-04 at 10:06.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Sep-07-04, 18:19

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 245/175/160 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 80%
Smile Dreamfields Pasta

"Carb Options" is putting out a low carb spaghetti sauce for those of you that are interested. Under the name Carb Options you will see in small letters the word "Ragu" I think all they did was remove the sugar and replaced it with Splenda, but the sauce is very good. I don't eat much pasta but when I do, I do buy the Dreamfields pasta and use the Carb Options spaghetti sauce. My pasta intake is probably once every 2 months, as I really don't want to get to attached to eating pasta. If none of you know about this carb options has a website and you can see what items are available in the store. The website is http://www.carboptions.com they also have some nice recipes also.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Sep-07-04, 18:49
Registered Member

Stats: 203/182/130 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 29%

It may have been psychological, but I had one serving of Dreamfield's, and later that night I started hearing things - the LC ice cream calling my name. Downed the better part of a pint, which is something I NEVER do (I rarely even eat the stuff; it's there for "emergencies").

That was a month or two ago, and I've been afraid to touch the pasta ever since.
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Sep-07-04, 18:55

Stats: 244/220/170 Female 65.4inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

And DH & I had some Dreamfields for dinner one night and were both INCREDIBLY "gaseous" the next day. I thought at one point I'd be heading up toward the ceiling! Last time for me!
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Sep-07-04, 18:57
I beat you, Tanita!

Stats: 174/130/130 Female 5'2"
BF:13% lower now...
Progress: 100%

I haven't been able to try it yet... I asked about it in my LC store and he said Dreamfields requires a 10,000 pound minimum purchase! OUCH! My regular grocery store doesn't carry it either, but he gave me the name of a store to try.

I'm avoiding buying it because I'm scared of it, too.
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Sep-07-04, 21:36
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

I might try this sometime if I see it for less than an arm and a leg... but I'm skeptical. I don't like not knowing "the secret". It's not exactly an informed decision to just take their word for it.

And Captain Vegetable reminds you all: "Remember kids, your LC pasta should not be replacing vegetables!"
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Sep-08-04, 06:47

BF:
Progress:

RLOVEMAN thats cute...

as for a tomatoe sauce to make sure you dont have too much carbs is to do your own with fresh tomatoes...or why dont you buy Classico Alfredo, Alfredo Garlic or Sundry Tomatoe Alfredo..they have like 3gr of Carb for 1/2 cup...you can add also your own parmesan cheese to make it more cheesier and add a bit of extra virgin oil...cheese and olive oil has no carbs..

http://www.classico.com/html/products/home.asp

classico are probably the only ones that taste like more homemade (if you have no time to make from scratch) then any other kinds....make sure you put your extras in it like extra virgin oil, pesto (i make my own) just perk it up and you will see it can be great stuff and low carb...
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Sep-08-04, 08:29

Plan: South Beach(Phase III)
Stats: 235/187/190 Male 6'
BF:
Progress: 107%

Dreamfields pasta is great...I've eaten it every couple of weeks or so for the last three months with no problem. We buy it at both Wally World and King Soopers.
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Sep-08-04, 09:31

Stats: 215/191/160 Male 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 44%

Dreamfields causes my wife to get pain in her upper abdomen. We tried it several times just to make sure it wasn't something else. Too bad, because for a "low-carb" product it wasn't priced out in the stratosphere.