Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jul-26-03, 22:10

Plan: atkins
Stats: 200.5/192.5/150 Female 5'6
BF:?/?/?
Progress: 16%
Default the cheat helped (hate to say it)

Hi guys,

remember I told you guys last Sunday I cheated at a baby shower. well I went back on it the very next day...I was 187.5 and today(saturday) I weighed 183.5 4 pounds this week after major sugar I ate. Not too shabby. I also stopped adding salt that was my big problem and reason I was stalled....what a waste...!!!

just stopped in to let u guys know
devil
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jul-27-03, 06:53

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 170/139/130 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

Congratulations on those 4 pounds and for the willpower to get back on the plan immediately after the cheat. Keep up the good work!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jul-27-03, 08:43

Plan: atkins
Stats: 200.5/192.5/150 Female 5'6
BF:?/?/?
Progress: 16%

thanks Atriana, I went up .5lbs though today could it be water day to day I had about 7 bottles yesterday. I just hate seeing the scale go up not down lol!!
devil
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jul-27-03, 11:17

Plan: Atkins-ish :D
Stats: 210/205/150 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 8%

Well you know what I was afraid of? The other night, the same day I had hit 199.5, we of course went out for ice cream.. it was a spur of the moment decision and I was like.. SCREW it, i'll cheat tonight.. (I had been good all day, and hadnt eaten a whole lot..)

Well this ice cream place, called Jaxsons, is almost world renowned for their ice cream parlor.. people line up down the plaza to get into this place.. and they serve HUGE portions of ice cream..

So I order an oreo sundae with oreo toppings, and oreo ice cream and the server brought me a side of chocolate mint syrup as well..(I was SOO happy at this point..) Well the sundae was about... probably the size of a quart.. it was a HUGE glass mug pretty much and I was only able (ha ha only able) to finish half of it... and of course, I was stuffed and yada yada.. but it was so good, and its not often we go there..

Well, next morning, I Weigh myself, 198.5.. I lost a pound.. and this morning, was still at 198.5.. SOooo although Im not encouraging myself to go eat 1/2 quart of ice cream every night.. it was certainly a nice surprise to lose even after eating all that..
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-03, 18:29

Plan: Moderate Carb...
Stats: 235/195/140 Female 5'3
BF:HELP!!!
Progress: 42%
Thumbs up Fit For Life....recommends A Day Off A Week!!!

I find that interesting....i've read in fit for life that they recommmend a day off from plan to kick start your weight loss...once a week... Interesting and great that it works...!!! Nice to have a treat every now and then....

Hey Sterling looks like we have the same stats... Maybe we can keep each other company along the way.... I'm having a stall because I am trying to introduce other things into my diet... yesterday 2 servings of grapses.... Also....trying to zone instead of PP....I would like to do something that is more flexible...

Good Luck...

Last edited by skeeweeaka : Mon, Jul-28-03 at 18:43.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-03, 19:30

Plan: Atkins-ish :D
Stats: 210/205/150 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeweeaka
I find that interesting....i've read in fit for life that they recommmend a day off from plan to kick start your weight loss...once a week... Interesting and great that it works...!!! Nice to have a treat every now and then....

Hey Sterling looks like we have the same stats... Maybe we can keep each other company along the way.... I'm having a stall because I am trying to introduce other things into my diet... yesterday 2 servings of grapses.... Also....trying to zone instead of PP....I would like to do something that is more flexible...

Good Luck...

Hey cool about the stats.. If I dont follow everything to a Tee and if I eat later than say 7 or 8, I will not lose..!! My body is soo difficult..! But if I eat a lower fat, low low LOW carb diet I will lose, that is of course if I drink tons of water and exercise also..

which is why the eating ice cream thing totally threw me off...! So.. who knows?? Good luck with adding things into your diet..! Let us all know how that works..