Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Oct-27-02, 15:48

Plan: Don't know yet
Stats: 225/208/165
BF:
Progress: 28%
Default Medical weight Loss

I did the same thing. I joined Medical Weight Loss, and already paid when i found out about all the sites, and LC ing. My diet plan includes 3 starches (1 slice diet bread, 1/4 cup rice, 1/4 baked potatoe), 4 veggies, 3 fruits, about 12 -14 oz of protein. The problem is it is very restrictive....oh and you have to use their "shakes/drinks'. It's been a battle. So far i have lost about 23 pds.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Oct-28-02, 12:20
Registered Member

Plan: modified Atkins/Sugar Busters
Stats: 198.5/185/130
BF:
Progress: 20%

geez! sound slike you have the same program. they get you on the supplements, but i noticed that ebay sells te plan and supplements. so i wont buy it from them. i am getting tired of the higher fat levels on atkins and eating all the eggs and meat. i may switch over for small time period and do theor program and then flip-flop back to atkins when i get tired. i find that it is hard to follow teh LA Wt. loss program when i am over at friend's house or need to go through adrive-thru. i can find protein and fat almost everywhere! but LA wants you to have low fat and sodium. right now i dont know what to do for sure or what will work for me.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Oct-30-02, 11:16

Plan: Don't know yet
Stats: 225/208/165
BF:
Progress: 28%
Wink I joined too

I joined Medical Weight Loss which counds pretty similar in there eating plan. I wish i found out about this site earlier and maybe i would not have joined. But i do beleive that having to check in 3x's a week and helped me be accountable for what i eat, i know thatif i cheat today...i'm not weighing in until i drink a ton of watere and exercise. It's been really hard b/c until your ready no amount of $$ can make u lose the pds...(hmmmm lipo