Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-14-15, 04:03

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 232/213.0/150 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 23%
Default stalled out

Hi everyone. I'm still doing induction and showing ketosis, but I don't seem to be losing weight anymore. I haven't cheated. I feel good. I know my clothes are looser, but I cannot stop here. What have you all done to get past this stage. I'm only 8 lbs down.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jan-14-15, 04:49

Plan: Atkins (DANDR)
Stats: 290/141/130 Female 65.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 93%

Welcome to the board, Curly!

Really the only thing to do is to keep on keeping on.

Many of us experience a slowdown in scales loss after the first week or so as our bodies seem to "take stock" before continuing to drop pounds, but it usually starts again if we stick to plan and keep going.

It might be worth listing a few days worth of your food intake including amounts to see if anyone can spot a potential problem food.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jan-14-15, 07:05

Plan: Protein Power/Atkins
Stats: 250/167/175 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 111%

You are not really in a stall/plateau until you have lost no weight at all for 8 weeks!

Patience and persistence is called for. Weight loss, for women in particular, is slow and inconsistent.

How many months have you allowed in order to arrive at your goal weight? Be reasonable.

So far, you have lost water weight. Now you are in the long slog of losing fat. Remember that the only thing you can control in this process is what you put in your mouth. Your body's response is out of your control. There are many things that slow fat loss--even in ketosis.

Stick with it and don't let the scale determine your mood. Good luck.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jan-14-15, 07:07

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

You feel good, your clothes are looser, you are in the dreaded week three water rebalancing.
You are not stalled, that is at least a month without any weight or inches loss.

Read http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=365499

And for some tips to check:
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=460202

You are doing great! Keep calm and carry on
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jan-14-15, 07:58

Plan: mostly milkfat
Stats: 190/152.4/154 Male 67inches
BF:
Progress: 104%

I go for months, when I'm losing weight, eating exactly the same foods in the same amounts every day, and with similar activity levels. I'll go for a week or more with practically no weight loss, or even gain a few pounds--and then down it goes again. Two days ago I weighed 161 pounds, yesterday 162, today 163. Water. In all probability, over that time, I lost body fat. No way to know that for sure, I've been eating 1900 calories of meat and fat, it's not impossible that my metabolism has slowed down enough that I'm not burning through body fat stores. But the increase in scale weight is no evidence of that. It's possible to be on a total water fast, and occasionally gain weight. I know that every time I've done what I'm doing now, over weeks and months, I've lost body fat.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jan-14-15, 19:07

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 232/213.0/150 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 23%

thanks everyone. I didn't know any of this. I will keep my chin up and stick to it.