Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Nov-30-03, 18:06

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 133/131/116 Female 5'5
BF:24%/22%/19%
Progress: 12%
Default Why isn't it working?

As of tomorrow I will have been on induction for exactly one week. I have only lost one pound, and that one pound I'm not even sure of. My measurements are also the same....has this happened to anyone else? I have no idea what I am doing wrong. I eat 20g or less of carbs everyday...I exercise every day as well, and i drink all the water I sould be drinking..
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Nov-30-03, 18:09
Fit and Happy

Stats: 273/145/160 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:49%/24%/24%
Progress: 113%

It would be helpful to see what a daily menu looks like. 1 pound is not bad during Induction since you are small to begin with. Let's see what you are eating and then we can see what adjustments, if any, you need to make.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Nov-30-03, 18:19

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Well...according to your profile, you're 5' 5" tall, so you are only slightly above "ideal" weight to begin with (maybe 5-10 pounds). Average weight loss during induction (the full 2 weeks) is about 10% of what you need to lose which in your case would be about 1 pound. Seems to me like you're right on track.
Contrary to popular belief, low carb is not a quick weight loss program. Those that tend to lose a lot of weight at the beginning are also those that have a lot of weight to lose.
I'm sorry if you expected more, but you're actually doing pretty well.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Nov-30-03, 18:26

Stats: 133/131/116 Female 5'5
BF:24%/22%/19%
Progress: 12%
Default wow

wow! you guys respond quickly! ^^; Average I eat...
Breakfast: scrambled eggs and/or tuna salad.
Lunch: deli turkey and cheese.
Dinner: Grilled chicken or fish and salad.
I drink a diet pop maybe once a day...could this be a problem? Or sometimes I have more then 4 oz. of cheese in a day...but my carbs are below 20 always and I drink tons of water so...::so confused::
Thanks for letting me know I'm on track though ^_^ that's encouraging knowing I'm 'normal' lol.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Nov-30-03, 18:34

Stats: 203.5/163/125 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 52%

Try cutting out the soda; the artificial sweetners may be stalling you. Also exercise will cause one to gain muscle mass, so you might be losing fat but gaining muscle. Try measuring yourself instead of relying on the scale. GL!
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Nov-30-03, 18:42
Registered Member

Stats: 234.5/195.2/200 Male 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 114%

I was also kind of waivering on the whole thing at first, but it really does take some time to get in your groove. After the first couple weeks it is no longer challenging to stay with it. It becomes more of "thats the way it is" and the wight will slowlty come off. So just stay with it and you won't have a problem.
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Nov-30-03, 20:26

Stats: 202/128/125 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 96%

It doesn't look like you are getting enough fat. On induction your fat should be at about 70%. I know this seems like a lot but it really does work. Honest!

I agree with the others though that you don't have a lot to lose so your loss may be slower. Just hang in there, okay?