Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Feb-03-03, 13:11
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 137/132/115
BF:
Progress: 23%
Unhappy Fell off the wagon

Well, I have been on Atkins for 3 weeks and in the beginning of my 4th week ....... I feel off.
I'm not even sure how it happened. All of the sudden I was eating bread. Could be that I feel I didn't take off so much weight and last time I did atkins it came off much quicker. Now not only do I feel guilty - I am not sure how to proceed.
Do I go back to Induction and start 2 weeks over again or continue on as if nothing happened?

Please help!

Teach kids
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Feb-03-03, 14:18

Stats: 266/197/168 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 70%

I would pick myself up, dust myself off and jump back on. I wouldn't necessarily go back on induction unless this was a long cheat.
Or do induction to get things moving and get into ketosis' so you lose those bread cravings.

I think the answer is really up to you!! How much do you want to invest in it, you might get a nice whoosh after a strict induction and it will keep you motivated.

Good Luck!!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Feb-03-03, 15:28

Stats: 244/220/170 Female 65.4inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

Another thing to consider is that you are now at the last 15 pounds to lose. And that means that the pounds will leave VERY slowly. So be prepared not to lose fast. however that will give you a chance to really learn the low carb eating that will keep you from every regaining. This isn't a diet, it's a permanent change in your eating.

Read the Pre-Maintenance and Maintenance sections to get a better idea of what you can eat.

Just go on to Ongoing Weight Loss rather than Induction and resolve to follow the plan. Bread is for a moment. Losing weight can be forever.