Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jan-20-02, 16:50

Plan: Atkins for now.
Stats: 135/?/115? Female Short. 5"3
BF:Don't wanna know.
Progress: 15%
Default Y do i feel bloated?

I've been eating salads and turkey..And I feel bloated..ugh Anyone know why? I'm drinking alot of water..Even though its making it worse..
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jan-20-02, 18:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 249/193/160
BF:
Progress: 63%

Are you walking a lot?

I found that purely because of the weather where I live I was getting insane water retention. Just walking every day cleared this up for me. I am now walking further due to Atkins, and while I am drinking around 4 litres of water a day, I never feel bloated.

There are drugs you can take, but try walking first, imo.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jan-20-02, 19:12

Stats: 237/234/140
BF:
Progress: 3%
Default I'm butting in here with an off the subject question for Reymi

Reymi, everytime I read your post I keep thinking about your username, wondering what your last name might be.....I see VZ at the end and wonder it that is your last name. My last name is Veazey, prounounced VZ and that's how I sign my last name in short. Just wondering........NOW to get back to the forum.

Slimshady, sorry about butting in. I too was feeling awfully bloated yesterday, it made me feel awful and quite discouraged. I know what my problem is, but it's getting better. NOT enough fiber. LOL! But I have increased my fiber quite alot today in hopes that things will work itself out.

I see you are eating salads......what about the salt content in your turkey? Just a thought.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jan-21-02, 10:23

Plan: Atkins for now.
Stats: 135/?/115? Female Short. 5"3
BF:Don't wanna know.
Progress: 15%

I walk alot during the day..dosent seem to make a difference though.

As for fiber, LOL I'm only getting about 4g of that a day..It says to have about 3 cups of green vegies (which would be the salad I'm eating)..and it only comes out to 3..so um ok..

I've read that before about having to eat alot of fiber..But how much more am I supposed to be eating? lol probaly alot more then I want to.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jan-21-02, 18:08

Stats: 120/115/105
BF:
Progress: 33%
Wink

I've felt the way you are feeling when I was on Weight Watchers after my children were born. I did the Points program and was allowed to eat unlimited veggies. The upside was that I had no problem with b.m. but I had the worst stomach ache and gas pains imaginable from all of my salad eating ! Is it possible that you are having the same reaction? I know veggies are important, but some may give you more problems than others and you may have to find out which have the least affect on you--or maybe try someting that will cause you not to get gas like been-o.