Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Nov-28-01, 12:52
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 140/138/120
BF:
Progress: 10%
Default Stillman Day

Opinions? For how many days? Does it really work?

I'm frantic to lose at least 1 more pound this month. I'm on my 4th week, and lost 5 in my first week then gained back two.

Water consumption is up to 80oz a day, 1 cup of caffeine, no diet pop, 20g of carbs, very limited dairy. So I'm wondering what you all think of a Stillman Day or some other way to actually see results.

Yes ... I know I've been told to be patient, however I am on this WOE and WOL in order to get results. I'm reserving my patience for my teenagers!

Oh and yes ... I didn't gain 20 lbs in a week, but it pretty well came on over the course of a month. So pretty please it would be nice if it went away that way too!

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Nov-28-01, 13:42

Plan: IN LIMBO!!!!!
Stats: 145/137/126
BF:28.3%/22%/18%
Progress: 42%
Default lcpv2

take a look in our journals in the group project section. stillman is wicked hard the first day, but then it gets a bit easier. also, you can do the project, and see if it works for you. i have personally found that when i have restricted days, i do better on my non restrictive days. don't know the logic there, but really.
hth,
brenda
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Nov-28-01, 14:05

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 325/308/200
BF:
Progress: 14%

Toronto:

I don't know about the stillman day, but I do know that sometimes your body just needs a change from the "ordinary" that it gets used to in order to spark a whoosh drop.

I found when I was first on this WOE that I would lose at fairly regular intervals. I'd hang on to the same weight for a while, spike up just before my period, one to 4 pounds, then during and after TOM, quickly drop all the premenstrual weight gain, plus two or 3 more pounds.

This became systematic and reliable after a while. I knew what was going to happen, and when and I expected it. So it took a month of eating well, and waiting around for the next woosh, but it was worth the wait to see the net decrease in numbers, as opposed to an increase at the end of the month. I think everyone just loses differently.

That is the thing about this diet that is different (for me at least) than any other diet. With low fat and high exercise diets, I would always lose at a slow but steady rate, every few days I would be down a little more. It has been my experience with Atkins that I still lose as much, but with seemingly no relavence to my diet or lifestyle. For example, I could walk for miles, six days in a row, and not lose anything on Atkins, but then all of a sudden, two weeks later, with no real reason I would drop 3 or 4.

Sorry to repeat the mantra, but if we all knew the secret to consistantly losing 20 lbs a month, most of us long timers would be at goal and long gone by now! I just trust for myself that it is going to happen and try not to fret to much about the numbers.

Mari