Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Dec-23-03, 08:46

Plan: Carnivoire
Stats: 373.6/373.6/150.0 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default What to try???

Been doing LC for 10 months and have tried exercize a few times but never seem to stick with it. Am ready to try but don't know what to do.

I am 25 ...ok ok 26 in a few days /sigh 5'5" and 244 pounds at the moment. I have never done much exercize and don't have lot of money to spend, have the "walk away the pounds" videos and a membership to curves, and when it doesn't rain (unfortunately doesn't happen often) I can walk outside.

Any suggestions on a good routine to start? Don't want to over do it or under do it (if that makes sence). Looking to boost muscle gain and inch loss more then "weight loss". (tried on a pair of jeans today and they are a bit snug but 2 sizes smaller then the ones i wore when I started LCing) so am very motivated right now.

Any advice would be grealy appreciated.

Thanks,

Meggen
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Dec-23-03, 10:30

Plan: Combination
Stats: 164/159.5/145 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 24%
Default On the right path

Meggen,
It seems like you're on the right path. I really like the Walk Away the Pounds tapes, and although I've never used Curves, I have a friend who goes there and loves it. I also like Yoga for Weight Loss by Gaiam. I like it especially because the beautiful women on the video are all sizes and shapes, and look like goddesses.
I know what you mean by not overdoing anything... I'm likely to burn out when I take on too much at one time, and then abandon the exercise quickly. Try making one little change in your routine per week to sneak exercise into your day. For example, park at the far end of the parking lot when you go to the store. Or get off the elevator one floor early and walk up a flight of stairs. I bought a cheap pedometer to make sure that I get in 10,000 steps a day, which isn't easy when you work at home!