Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jun-17-04, 11:06

Plan: atkins
Stats: 223/182/175 Male 6'2.5''
BF:
Progress:
Default burning carbs

I walk for 40 minutes a day, five days a week on a treadmill. I use two programs already installed, and it tells me I burned 521 calories. My question is, does anyone know the ratio to burning carbs. In other words, how many calories must you burn to equal one carb, or five carbs?
What got me to thinking about this is the Budlight commercials saying you could burn off the extra carbs by " walking on a treadmill " with your fingers or some screwy crap. I don't drink Budlight anymore beacuse it does have signicantly more carbs than Mich Ultra, but I would still like to know the formula for determining how much it takes to burn off a carb. Thanks for any info on this.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jun-17-04, 11:56

Plan: LC BFL
Stats: 279/155/135 Female 5'5
BF:39/24/<20
Progress: 86%

1 carb= 4 cals
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jun-18-04, 00:35

BF:
Progress:

Damn crystal, that was easy. Thanks. Is That for sure?
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jun-18-04, 07:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 389/312/250 Male 6'3"
BF:guess
Progress: 55%
Default beer

That ratio is correct however the body burns alcohol for energy before carbs/sugars/fat. So when you drink a beer/vodka whatever, remember you are stopping the fat burn and burning alcohol.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jun-18-04, 09:36

Plan: Skinny Me Diet
Stats: 345/212.5/210 Male 6'4
BF:
Progress: 98%

Quote:
That ratio is correct however the body burns alcohol for energy before carbs/sugars/fat. So when you drink a beer/vodka whatever, remember you are stopping the fat burn and burning alcohol.

So rule of thumb is basically that your body will burn ALL beer calories first before burning anything else(alcohol, then carbs). So remember that when your putting a few beers down
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jun-18-04, 15:29

BF:
Progress:

This information is great folks.Thanks