Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Mar-20-03, 08:30

Plan: Charles Clark
Stats: 265/244/133
BF:
Progress: 16%
Default staying the same

Dear All

Can anyone give me any ideas as to why I have stayed the same weight for 2 weeks after losing 14lbs in 4 weeks using the Charles Clark/Atkins programme?

Many thanks
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Mar-21-03, 02:57

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%

Hi Cathrine

Firstly let me congratulate you on losing 14 pounds in a month. Excellent news.

It is always disappointing when the scales then stop for a while. This is quite common as your body adjusts to what it has lost. Weight loss is never straight forward, I'm afraid and some weeks you may go up a pound for no obvious reason.

If you are keeping faithfully to the plan then the weight loss will begin again soon once your body has recovered from its initial shock.

I would recommend that you start a journal on this site to chart your progress and include your menus in it. In that way we can give more informative help, rather than just generalising.

Keep the faith and more pounds will start to leave soon.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Mar-21-03, 07:58

Plan: Low Carb My Way
Stats: 170/169/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%
Cool

Congrats on the 14 lbs. What you are experiencing is what many experience after the first initial fast weight loss - - the typical post induction stall. I myself was stalled for 4 weeks before losing - in full ketosis during this time - - no cheats - - its our body's way of "getting used" to the first 10+ lbs of weight we lose. Just keep on the program and be patient (I know its hard ) Things will move again soon. Don't be surprised you lose inches during this time even if the scale does not move.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Mar-21-03, 11:44

Plan: adkins
Stats: 135/125/110
BF:
Progress: 40%
Unhappy in response to catherine.....

I NEED HELP TOO! Hello there! My name is Lori. I too have been dieting for a few weeks and have STOPPED losing!
Any suggestions? I am getting disgusted and want to give up at times!
I use to weight 100 pounds then had a hysterectomy. Went up to 135. i am short so i dont wear my weight well. i am now 127 and fluctuate daily between 125-127. in two weeks i have dropped the 8-10 pounds but nothing else. i am exercising serveral times a week by walking and doing kickboxing. any ideas.

i am getting very depressed about the way i look . i almost dont wanna eat or wanna throw it up if i do cuz it just goes to my hips and thighs......................ggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!