Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Mar-26-05, 15:04
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 210/210/160 Male 5 foot 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Question Choc. Whipped Cream

Ok on induction???
If so I've been reborn. I'm a chocaholic and if a little choc. Whipped cream frozen in a small plastic glass is OK I'M SAVED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nite time snacks to get me over the hump.

CYL,
Craig
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Mar-26-05, 15:39

Plan: yes
Stats: 14/14/14 Female 20
BF:
Progress: 101%

No. Go to the Accepted Foods list, Craig -- it's in your book. I guarantee that even if it's the most recent edition, there's no chocolate whipped cream in there. Follow those foods ONLY. And skip the nighttime snacks completely. Your body needs to rest at night, not digest. If you must have SOMEthing, get a carb-free decaf tea and enjoy that hot. Otherwise, skip it and sip a big glass of water.
d.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Mar-26-05, 15:40
WONJ #7Snoopy Lover

Stats: 177/135/128 Female 5"4
BF:less than before
Progress: 86%

Walk away from the whipped cream, it is a no, no on induction.

So sorry, but you will get past these cravings so much faster without it. It also may stall you.

Sorry about that!!!
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Mar-26-05, 18:10
I beat you, Tanita!

Stats: 174/130/130 Female 5'2"
BF:13% lower now...
Progress: 100%

I can't find my book, but I thought 2 tablespoons of cream were allowed on induction? I know it's hard to limit your portion sizes with whipped cream, but an ounce of cream whips up to about 2 ounces of whipped cream -- add splenda (allowed) and cocoa powder. If you can be very careful about portion sizes, it should be OK, right?

Correct me if cream isn't allowed. I hadn't developed a taste for Splenda during induction, so my memory on this is fuzzy.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Mar-26-05, 18:29

Plan: Atkins+coffee
Stats: 290/185/180 Male 71 inches
BF:Yes, it is.
Progress: 95%

A very limited amount of cream is allowed, but cocoa powder is not on induction.

Induction is a time to break the sweet tooth habit. Carbs should be coming from veggies, not substitutes. You can't go for two weeks without it?

--nw
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Mar-26-05, 21:41

Plan: Low-Carb
Stats: 265/230/150 Female 64
BF:42
Progress: 30%

I would advise against it. I purchased chocolate whipped cream in the can. It only had one carb per serving but the gram was from pure sugar. It caused cravings and a stall in weightloss. Besides it's hard to stop at one serving of whipped cream (i think a serving is 1 to 2 TBSP) and quite frankly if you are having a craving your not likely to stop at 1 to 2 tbsp. Also the purpose of inducation is to STOP craving for sweets and carbs, that is why the rules of induction have to be followed exactly as written-no deviation from the acceptable food list. "Feeding" cravings for sweets/carbs during induction almost assuredly will spell failure on this WOE. Believe me I've lived it

Last edited by Sapphire2 : Sun, Mar-27-05 at 14:06.
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Mar-26-05, 22:33
Registered Member

Stats: 155/110.5/110 Female 64in
BF:15%
Progress: 99%

don't eat it. you get so upset and mad when you even gain a half pound, its not worth it. you have to decide what is worse: a little bit of self deprivation or not losing at all.
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Mar-27-05, 08:21

Stats: 156/146.8/139 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProf83
don't eat it. you get so upset and mad when you even gain a half pound, its not worth it. you have to decide what is worse: a little bit of self deprivation or not losing at all.

I have to agree here Craig. They are all correct in saying that you are supposed to be breaking the cravings cycle, not feeding it. If you give into cravings they only get worse.

You really need to follow induction to the letter to get the benefits. After two weeks (and two weeks really is that long now is it - be honest here) you can move to OWL and have some of the other LC foods.

It's only two weeks. Two weeks out of your whole life. Stick with it and you'll be glad you did.

Julie
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Mar-27-05, 09:21
Registered Member

Stats: 210/210/160 Male 5 foot 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Ohhhh, Kayyy,
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Mar-27-05, 10:20

Plan: no carb
Stats: 173/170/154 Female 52 inches
BF:
Progress: 16%

I feel your pain craig.
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Mar-27-05, 20:31

Stats: 236/202.5/159 Male 66
BF:
Progress: 44%

Smart choice to listen to these folks Craig. They're right. Don't start getting creative. Just stick to the plan and very strictly at first. You'll be soooo glad you did. Besides I love whipped cream and I can guarantee you that I have NEVER had the will to stop at 4 tablespoons!
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Mar-27-05, 21:28

Plan: atkins for now
Stats: 280/209.4/160 Female 5'10.5
BF:
Progress: 59%

i would like to share with you on what i do most every day...about 3 times a day i will get a big glass, about 20oz and fill it up with hot hot hot water...almost boiling.....not out of the tap..you get my drift....and i then empty a pack of sf jello, orange is my favorite, and drink it hot....
i love this
i love it i love it i love it....
it soothes me, it fills me and i feel ok about drinking it..
try it..you might just like it
good luck
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Mar-27-05, 21:36

Stats: 236/202.5/159 Male 66
BF:
Progress: 44%

Quote:
Originally Posted by edybean
i would like to share with you on what i do most every day...about 3 times a day i will get a big glass, about 20oz and fill it up with hot hot hot water...almost boiling.....not out of the tap..you get my drift....and i then empty a pack of sf jello, orange is my favorite, and drink it hot....
i love this
good luck

OK, so I've got this image of a giant bowl of jello cooling and solidifying in your stomach! It sure would fill you up though! I'm really gonna hafta think this one over!
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Mar-28-05, 06:12

Plan: Atkins (What Else??)
Stats: 245/143/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Quote:
i love this
good luck

Sugar Free Jello contains aspartame and should be avoided. You can make your own Jello with Splenda though
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Mar-28-05, 06:56
Staying Put

Plan: Atkins/CarbCycling
Stats: 299/252/180 Female 69"
BF:
Progress: 39%

Quote:
i love this
good luck

ewwww....whatever made you realise you liked doing this??