Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Sep-20-02, 15:02
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 232/210/170 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:39.5/38.8/25
Progress: 35%
Post How many additional calories during workouts?

Hi,

I've been Lcing for almost couple months now, but I've just got back into exercising & I love how it makes me feel . . . so I've been doing 30 minutes of cardio-workout + 10-15 minutes on the weight machines, nearly everyday - my curent weight is 222, so instead of consuming 2200 calories, I've been shooting for more like 2400 . . . is this good enough?

I'm definatley feeling an increase in hunger & so I've been eating a higher amount of fats to keep my tummy satisfied . . . I'm also drinking a lot of water.

On my program at my gym, we only weigh in once a week - and I'm still stuck at 222 . . .

What else can I do to make eat LC & eat enough calories to be able to burn off with exercise?

TIA

Last edited by HappyMomma : Fri, Sep-20-02 at 15:07.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Sep-20-02, 18:53

Stats: 286/261/160 Female 5'8"
BF:BMI43.5%/39.7%/24%
Progress: 20%

Tia: Hi! This is just my humble opinion but I just don't bother with counting calories or figuring any of that out. I count my carbs...generally staying under 30 each day. I eat when I am hungry until I am full but nothing past full. I have to keep it simple because if it gets too complicated (like Weight Watchers) I know I won't keep up with it over the long haul. I will get bored and frustrated with all the details. Good luck Tia!
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Sep-21-02, 20:15
Registered Member

Stats: 232/210/170 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:39.5/38.8/25
Progress: 35%
Smile Thanks

Thanks for the support and encouragement.

I love keeping count And my health club is having a 12 week challenge - whereby the person(s) who have put for the most effort and have lost the most weight and/or inches get big prizes (the Grand Prize is valued at $1,000!!) So I've been keeping track of all that I eat & how much fat/carbs/protein, etc. I'm consuming.

I guess I've just got it in my head that I need to consume 10x my body weight to lose weight - but that I need a higher caloric intake when working out regularly. Does anyone know what that level should be?

TIA