Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > LC Research/Media
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-08-04, 20:47

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 203.5/163/125 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 52%
Default 48 hours Weight loss special

Did anybody else see 48 Hours the other day? The show was titled "Extremely Perfect". Part of it was about gastric bypass surgery, but they did a bit on the atkins diet and showed a family that all went on it and succeeded. Man the one kid was 350lbs at age 15 and by age 19 was down to 140lbs. It was pretty amazing! The father just started a show on the food network for lowcarb cooking.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Mar-08-04, 23:34
Registered Member

Plan: HFH
Stats: 297/291/200 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 6%

You mean George Stella? He was 465 lbs when he started Atkins. And lost over 200 lbs himself.
http://atkins.com/Archive/2002/4/15-552624.html <<That's his success story on Atkins.com
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Mar-14-04, 13:05

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 203.5/163/125 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 52%

yup, that's him. I was actually more impressed with the kid having enough self-discipline to do it.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Mar-14-04, 20:43

Plan: Atkins (loosely)
Stats: -/-/- Female 60
BF:
Progress: 40%

Quote:
But I had no idea where to turn for help—that is, until I found Dr. Atkins’ New Diet Revolution in my living room. The book had been left there by mistake by my son’s girlfriend. I asked her about it, and she briefed me on the basic principles of controlled carbohydrate eating.

This is from George Stella little bio on the Atkins web site. How much do you want to bet that it was no accidental oversight. If my boyfriend's father weighted over 400 lbs, I would tend to be very forgetful about where I leave my Atkins book.

Last edited by Angeline : Sun, Mar-14-04 at 20:49.