Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Apr-17-04, 15:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 215/208/150 Male 5'6
BF:
Progress: 11%
Default Eating enough..

I saw couple threads on this but i've seemed to lost them.. I drink more liquids than I do eat.. and I remmember reading that you have to eat a certain amount so you dont go in "starvation mode" (I believe thats what its called) Anyone else have these problems? Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Apr-17-04, 15:39
Butter Tastes Better

Plan: Atkins OWL / IF-23/1 /BFL
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 34%

some will say to eat 10-12x your body weight
others say over 1200 or over 1500 calories a day so you dont enter starvation mode.

If you arent having problems losing, then I suggest listening to your body and not counting calories until you get to a point where you have to.

If your body is losing fine without counting, no need to worry about fixin what aint broken.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Apr-17-04, 16:38
Memere to 4

Stats: 227/199/150 Female 5ft 3in
BF:Too much
Progress: 36%

But if you are just starting...I would suggest eating the 10 - 12 x body weight ..or close if you can. If then you are still losing then it is good. If your body gets used to eating very low cal...then don't you think when in tiime you start to eat more....you will gain? I don't think anyone could maintain a lifestyle on extremely low cal...and I can't understand why someone would like to.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Apr-18-04, 13:00
Registered Member

Plan: SB
Stats: 256/200/165 Female 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 62%

Keep in mind that if you just recently started this WOE then you will have a period of time in which you seem to loose your appetite, I know I did, but you have to force yourself to eat a little anyway and it will pass and you'll get your appetite back although it probably won't be anywhere near what it used to be.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Apr-18-04, 15:11
Registered Member

Stats: 238/228/130 Female 5"2
BF:
Progress: 9%

I know that they recomend that you at least snack when you take your suppliments.......try exercising more...swimming always makes me hungry