Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jul-17-03, 14:07

Plan: CAD
Stats: 171/146.0/133 Female 5'4" and 1/4
BF:
Progress: 66%
Exclamation Going out of town for the weekend, need ideas on how to keep LC-ing...

Especially as I've decided to avoid the shakes/bars/keto foods for a week. I'm going to be staying with friends who eat high-carb, and on the run a lot.

Although...how can the shakes be bad? They don't have hidden carbs like the glycerine in the bars, or the alcohols in the chocolates...I can see how the others might cause problems, but not the shakes? Maybe I will still take a few of the shakes for breakfast.

Anyway, if anyone else still has any ideas for portable, non-refrigerated snacks I can carry around with me, pls let me know...

This is my first real challenge toward this WOE and I need advice! My friend and I both really like good food, enjoy eating out at local places and trying new things, and it's going to be hard to limit myself to only those things I'm supposed to have right now...

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Sango : Thu, Jul-17-03 at 14:35.
Sponsored Links