Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Fibromyalgia, CFS, S.A.D.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Aug-07-03, 10:43
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins and Curves
Stats: 175/171/145 Female 5'6
BF:28%
Progress:
Default FMS and Meds

Good morning everyone,
It never stops to amaze me how many people have FMS. I am very fortunate that I have not had many real bad bouts of the disease. I also have degenerative bone disease in my spine so I am never really sure which is which. I know the FMS will give me the strong aching like the flu when it hits. I have been on Amitriptyline for many years for this and I have just taken myself off it. That plus Paxil have a very strong sexual side effect that I really don't want to deal with the rest of my life. I am 60 and I still would like to feel like an active woman. They have a drug that works just like Paxil and does not have the sexual side effect, it is called Bupropion SR,(generic I am sure). I have started it and there is no difference in effectiveness. I have hypothyroidism,on estrogen since I was 27 and heart meds. All add to the weight problem. I have been thin my whole life until 5 years ago when I became less active from the pain. The low carb is my answer and I do feel much better on it. My lowest weight in 5 years was 168 and hightest 180. I am 171 now and have a long way to go to get this off. I do walking tapes at home and I go to the base pool for water exercise. It all helps with the pain management.
So after many trials with the doctor and meds, I take Celebrex 200mg at bed,2 Tylenol PM at bed, in the morning, one Prilosec,2 tylenol extra strengh, synthroid, lunch time, premarin,L-lysine,vit E.,heart med,calcium. That is a lot of medication but I am feeling good and as I said it took a long time to get where I am today with meds, and diet.
This is very long and I only hope it will maybe help someone else that has been trying to feel better. I also have colitis so it has been hard to get this pattern down pat. Hope all of you have a good day. Susan
Sponsored Links