Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jun-04-11, 03:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 254/215/150 Female 64"
BF:C198/T126/H53/L120
Progress: 38%
Default brie and fatty fat

So I sent the DH to costco to acquire (among other things) a small wheel of Presidents Brie. To me, it feels like a mere step removed from cream cheese, and a small wedge has axed many a craving. its kind of been my secret LC weapon, little bits keep me on track. I have a little bit most every day. one daughter will nibble on a wee bit, saying "its like butter!." then, nibble nibble, nibble.. "I dont like it." "Ok, if you SAY so.."

And this is where the LF muse keeps talking. today, he brought home this triple cream stuff, practically melted in my hands.. jesus, H, we were preached to at CHEERLEADING camp that brie made us fat.....I had to eat this stuff off a spoon like ice cream. I know, chicka chikcka wow wow...

So heres the question:
though I thoroughly enjoyed my snack really, ... is there such a thing as too much fat?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jun-04-11, 03:33

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 164/162.6/151 Female 5'3"
BF:Sure is
Progress: 11%

Well, too much fat will boost your calories, and that can stall you. But maybe not; it's a YMMV kinda thing. Just keep your eyes open!
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jun-04-11, 05:35

Plan: Atkins (DANDR)
Stats: 290/141/130 Female 65.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 93%

In my first year on induction I probably ate a couple of pounds of brie a week!!
It probably was the main reason I stuck to it in the beginning.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jun-05-11, 10:43

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 212/212/135 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress:

I don't think there's any such thing as too much fat when you have a lot of fat to lose. Perhaps when you've lost most of your weight it can be an issue, IDK. Lots of fat keeps me from falling off the wagon though.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Jun-05-11, 11:27
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

I think that this is exactly where Dr Atkins says to limit your cheese to no more than 4 ozs per day. I take that boundary seriously and have even gone a bit further to no more than 2 ozs a day for me.

I love brie....but can't keep it here much cause I will eat it too frequently. So once in a while, I buy a wedge and have it for a few days.