Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Mar-03-04, 07:55
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 224/202/175 Male 220
BF:
Progress: 45%
Angry Seem to be staying at the same weight for ages - What Gives

I seem to be staying at the same weight for ages and then eventually I will drop weight. What is going on.

Also what do I do if the ketone strips do not change.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Mar-03-04, 07:58
Registered Member

Stats: 154/146.5/125 Female 5ft4in
BF:
Progress: 26%

I am having the same problem. I have lost the same pounds for about 3wks. now. I'm just staying there and the weight isn't going any where. It's very frustrating. I wish I knew why it's do this too.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Mar-03-04, 08:10

Plan: atkins
Stats: 153/143/125 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress:

I have a problem every winter...gain a few pounds and it hangs on until it warms up. So I have come to the conclusion that I am fighting nature. But fight I must. I cannot give up.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Mar-03-04, 08:21

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

I have said this so many times, I hope no one is getting tired of it. I believe that when we are in the process of putting on weight, the body also goes through stalls. I think it is something that is supposed to happen. I stalled, weight-wise, for 6 months last year. Then over night, I lost 6 lbs. I have been at my new weight for another 6 months. I am guessing that I will be losing again soon. I think that this will happen after TOM is over. I just remain consistant and wait for the loss to happen. It will happen.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Mar-03-04, 08:57

Stats: 151/135/120 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 52%
Lightbulb

Dont worry. Be hap... Well you know the rest. Honestly I became VERY frustrated at a huge stall I couldn't budge about a month ago. In my frustration, I came here and began to read, and read, and read.
I was baffled since I was getting on my elliptical trainer 3 times a day (2 hours total a day) and doing the diet to the letter.
Then I noticed,One thing I was doing was giving myself a lisense to eat paying only attention to carb count and NO attention to calories. I lessened my caloric intake and the scale moved.I also began to drink green antioxidant tea. I watched my food grazing infrontof the TV at night. I can tell you I was doing the diet for 25 days with NO RESULT until I did the above. THEN I lost 16 pounds whoosh! I did hit another stall last week, I even gained water weight and my legs were swollen. This time I didn't panic, I kept on doing te same things and carefully looked at my diet. I noticed this stall coinsided with the introduction of some cashews and soy bars to the diet. I stopped both and Whoosh again!
Not evryone will have he same food intolerances. Mine just happened to be cashews and soy bars. I cannot stress enough the importance of keeping an accurate food diary and being able to look back at mistakes easily.
Things I have eaten all my life like cashews, are now NO..NO's.
Give the diet time. Atkins is everything you have heard! I am proof that a slow start doesn't mean NO START.
Boni
half way to goal
loving my new WOE
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Mar-03-04, 09:26

Plan: DANDR
Stats: 191/153/145 Female 66.5
BF:
Progress: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by black57
I have said this so many times, I hope no one is getting tired of it. I believe that when we are in the process of putting on weight, the body also goes through stalls.

How true that statement is! How many of us put on so much weight because we didn't pay attention to the creep...no weight gain for awhile and than "all of a sudden" it would be 4 or 5 lbs, then no gain for awhile, and then another 3 or 4? Until we wake up one day and realize we are waaay overweight! If we gained 10 lbs at a time, clothes would be too tight so fast there would be no way to ignore the weight gain. We didn't put the weight on in a month or two and can't expect it to be gone in a month or two. (Not to mention how very unhealty that would be!)
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Mar-03-04, 09:42

Plan: South Beach-ish
Stats: 170/134/120 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 72%

Fade2blac3, that is what I feel I'm going to have to do to start losing and not stalling. I'm about your weight, how many calories to you eat a day where you see a move on the scale? Lately, Ive been eating WAY too many calories and I feel most definite now this is why I'm not losing any. Thanks
Brittany
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Mar-03-04, 09:48

Plan: DANDR
Stats: 191/153/145 Female 66.5
BF:
Progress: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberfuhrer

Also what do I do if the ketone strips do not change.

You need to take a look at your carb intake...what kind of carbs are they? All from natural foods or are you eating LC frankenfood? Some LC products are incorrectly labled and you may be getting far more carbs than you realize.
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Mar-03-04, 09:50

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 308/247.5/182 Male 6'0"
BF:
Progress: 48%

I've been having this same problem for about 4 weeks and have infact put on a couple pounds. So my answer for now is..."Back to basics". I need to get back to basics and really keep track of what I'm eating and where I'm going wrong. So, i've started that today.

I hope it works.