Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Aug-23-03, 19:15

Plan: not sure yet
Stats: 175/170/140 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default food intolerances and flax meal?

Does anyone out there have trouble with flax meal? I have bad food issues with starches (which I gave up 4 weeks ago now ) . I get hangovers, stomach aches, terrible thirst, etc etc. I haven't felt any of that since i started atkins. And i don't miss it one stinkin bit!
This morning I had some flax pancakes. I've had them before with no problem. I've grounded up flax seeds in the past and drank them with a bottle of water...no problem. Today, I have all the syptoms of a reaction I would get to eating pizza or cake. It sucks. My stomach feels like it has a brick in it, I can't get enough water in me...total dry mouth, and I feel hunger and being full at the same time. Anyway..the question is if anyone knows anything about having reactions to flax?! that just sounds crazy to me.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Aug-24-03, 05:11

Plan: Adkins
Stats: 298/270/150 Female 5' 8"
BF:
Progress: 19%

I just went through the same thing last night. My stomach felt like it was going to explode - yet I just wanted to keep eating!!! I had just gone out of ketsis the night before and was bad into strick reinduction that day. I had just turn the stick pink before the cravings on a full stomach happened!! I had to stop eating - but just kept drinking water all night. This morning I am feeling fine - but with a little headache.

Could you have gone out of Ketosis or just gone back in like I did?

Good Luck!!