Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Aug-15-03, 06:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 140.0/121.5/125 Female 5'3
BF:going down!
Progress: 123%
Default 7-11 has sugar free Icy's!

Hello,

I just had to, yesterday was 110 degrees here and we have NO AC!
Any one heard anything about these. Or has anyone had one of these sweet little delightful treats?
Crystal light sugar free icy's. ( Slurpy ) I hope that its okay to have one of these and still be good. I want to have one at least 3 times a week if these heat wave keeps up. OMG it was fantastic!

NoSunNoFun
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Aug-15-03, 06:41

Stats: 249/197/170 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 66%

I couldn't find any nutritional info, but man! That sounds great!

~Angi~
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Aug-15-03, 07:25

Plan: Atkins / OWL
Stats: 260/208/190 Male 71 in
BF:
Progress: 74%

"Dallas, July 9, 2002 - Leading convenience retailer 7-Eleven, Inc. and Kraft Foods’ Crystal Light®, the top-selling non-carbonated low-calorie beverage, have partnered to introduce sugar-free Crystal Light Raspberry Ice Slurpee®.

The new raspberry-flavored Slurpee offers a beverage alternative to consumers concerned about sugar intake and calorie consumption. At 50 calories and 11 grams of carbohydrates per 12-fluid ounce serving, the sugar-free flavor is ideal for consumers who are managing carbohydrates everyday, including sugars, and would like to enjoy a Slurpee."

Source: http://www.7-eleven.com/newsroom/articles.asp?p=2173

Supposedly the lemonade flavor has only 8 calories and has Sucralose. Could not confirm this, though.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Aug-15-03, 07:35

HogarthNH,

WOW!! Great info, thank-you so much.
However I am still confused, if this is sugar free, were are these carbs coming from? I am not counting calories at all. But want to make sure this is okay to enjoy? What do you think the carbs are from? HELP? prehaps the sugar free concoktion? sp.
NoSunNoFun
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Aug-15-03, 08:25

Plan: Atkins / OWL
Stats: 260/208/190 Male 71 in
BF:
Progress: 74%

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSunNoFun
HogarthNH,

WOW!! Great info, thank-you so much.
However I am still confused, if this is sugar free, were are these carbs coming from? I am not counting calories at all. But want to make sure this is okay to enjoy? What do you think the carbs are from? HELP? prehaps the sugar free concoktion? sp.
NoSunNoFun

I would guess that there is either natural raspberries in it (which would let them say "sugar free" but have their still be natural fructose in it), or, most likely, sugar alcohols. Might also be Polydextrose.

Most low carbers deduct sugar alcohols from carb tallys. Many do not.
I try to avoid them whenever possible.

Sugar alcohols are very popular in both baked goods and frozen goods as they act more like granulated sugar -- they help things from freezing solid, and so are probably a slurpee ingredient from heaven.

Fruit2o has a product called "Ice" that is like an Italian Ice. It has 16g of carbs, but 8 is sorbitol, 6 is polydextrose, and so the "net carb" count is 2.

We won't be able to tell without detailed nutrition facts, and it looks like 7-11 considers the SF Slurpee to be a trade secret.

You could always contact them and try to get them.

Hogarth

Last edited by HogarthNH : Fri, Aug-15-03 at 08:27.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Aug-15-03, 09:03

Hogarth,

You are just bucket of wisdom! Gosh thank-you for all your good info. I am going to contact 7-11 on that link you gave in your earlier post I went there and there is indeed a number to contact. So I will either find out through them or I will call Crystal Light directly!
I am hoping it has a net carb or 0 if so I will be doing back flips and happy dances all over the block!
~WOOPIE~
Will post more info if I can get it today.
NoSunNoFun