Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Feb-25-03, 22:40

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 157/152/140
BF:
Progress: 29%
Wink Your fav breakfast suggestions

Since I'm still in Induction, I am kindof limited and am getting sick of eggs. Any other suggestions?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Feb-25-03, 22:43
Registered Member

Stats: 210/158/170 Male 5" 8.5
BF:
Progress: 130%

I'm on induction too. I switched from bacon and eggs to "mock danishes" a few days ago. I love them and will probably have them for breakfast every day.

Just make sure you count the two ounces of cream cheese in your daily cheese consumption.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Feb-25-03, 23:05

Stats: 181/159/130
BF:
Progress: 43%

You don't have to eat eggs and bacon for breakfast. How about lunch or dinner for breakfast? How about some egg salad with chopped onion and tomatoes? Tuna salad with low sodium pickles? Hot dog and krauts? How about a big bowl of salad with real bacon bits?
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Feb-25-03, 23:54

Stats: 210/180/170
BF:
Progress: 75%

Add some chorizo to your eggs... shredded cheese melted on top... and a dab or 2 two of sour cream.

Im hungry now!!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Feb-26-03, 00:18

Plan: southbeach
Stats: 227/204/170 Male 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 40%
Talking PEPERRRRONI AND EGGS

My favorite breakfast is peperroni and eggs and chedder cheese it is just the right kicker toppped with mayo of course
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Feb-26-03, 00:21

Stats: 195??/186/150
BF:
Progress:

Well I've pretty much stuck with eggs and bacon, but how about things like sausage??? I've also been known to just have a pork chop or a piece of chicken for breakfast from the leftovers. I also have a protien shake in the morning to (atkins, chocolate, 1 carb)
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Feb-26-03, 00:33

Plan: South/Atkins/Ornish/etc.
Stats: 275/260/190 Male 5'10"
BF:lbs&in. first, ok?
Progress: 18%

See, the thing is, I'm still getting over the fact that I've adopted a WOE that allows me to have bacon without a psychosis about it. Bacon and eggs haven't paled for me yet!

I stay enthused by varying egg dishes. Deviled eggs with mayo and bacon bits and Red Hot Sauce are a neat alternative (and portable if you're On The Go in the mornings...). And there's a lot you can do with fresh hollandaise sauce. (Egg yolks, butter, lemon juice, and it's ALL legal on induction. EGAD I like this plan...)

I know you're looking for NOT egg breakfasts, but while on induction the choices for traditional "breakfast" foods are, as you say, limited. I tried some of the bake mix muffins and the like and promptly stalled, so I'm back on eggs.

If you're one of those folks who doesn't stall by consuming sugar alcohols an Atkins bar or low-carb shake is sometimes handy, again if you have hectic mornings. (getting two children out the door for school while the third is trying to see just how far the no-spill cup will eject milk qualifies as hectic)

Hope this helps.
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Feb-26-03, 00:35

Stats: 195??/186/150
BF:
Progress:
Default dumb ??? but gotta know

what does WOE stand for, anyone???
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Feb-26-03, 00:39

Plan: South/Atkins/Ornish/etc.
Stats: 275/260/190 Male 5'10"
BF:lbs&in. first, ok?
Progress: 18%

WOE = Way Of Eating.

There was a recent discussion of TLAs (Three Letter Acronyms) earlier today. It makes for some amusing reading. Find the thread here
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Feb-26-03, 00:40

Stats: 207/103/105 Female 66
BF:Way too much
Progress: 102%

What ever is left over from dinner the night before. My favorite is thin slices of roast beef wrapped around a sliver of cheese. (I like Cottswold Double Glouster) I take it to work with me and have that during the morning staff meeting while everyone else is having donuts. Or take very thin slices of ham spread with softened cream cheese, slice a green onion in half length wise, roll the whole thing up, chill overnight in the fridge and cut into bite sized pieces.

Breakfast does not have to be 'normal' breakfast type foods.

Carrollee
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Feb-26-03, 00:51
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins, CKD
Stats: 190/155/145
BF:
Progress: 78%

Kinda Pricy but

SMOKED Salmon with Bacon with a side of cream cheese
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Feb-26-03, 13:05
Don't dream it be it

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 292.4/238.4/165 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

I've been using tunafish as a quick breakfast sometimes.

I've also tried Flax o meal and now am adding in some whole milk organic yogurt with some berries, but I still have eggs on the side.

I've tried Atkins pancakes and Flax o meal pancakes...I like the flax ones better.

Leftovers can be a quick breakfast too sometimes.

Beth
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Feb-27-03, 09:55

Stats: 295/189/185 Male 70"
BF:
Progress: 96%
Default Breakfast

I know I've said this before and those who have dropped by to check out my journal already know that my wife and I eat Donald's famous quiche pizza (refer to recipes) for breakfast. It's like having pizza for breakfast! The first few weeks, we were busy making breakfast the night before. Now, I make 2 batches on Sunday afternoon and breakfast is set for the week (along with an emergency meal or two). You can use your imagination on toppings.

Our experience is that planning ahead is one of the keys to a successful lc program.

Good luck to the newbies! Before you know it this WOL is almost automatic. You will know what to eat. It's made a huge difference in our lives

BrewWa
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Feb-27-03, 10:20

Stats: 367/225/175
BF:
Progress: 74%
Talking

I am and always have been an egg fanatic.

But you can switch it up by making a quiche, breakfast meatballs, cheeseburger casserole...anything for breakfast!!

Breakfast is the time of the day not the meal!!
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Feb-27-03, 10:24

Plan: LC/BFL
Stats: 160/159/145
BF:
Progress: 7%

I enjoy meat (chikcen breast, pork etc) for breakfast and eggs and omlettes for dinner...maybe I was born backwards...LOL