Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 11:30

Plan: Dr. Atkins Diet
Stats: 250/210/130
BF:
Progress: 33%
Default xenadrine

can someone please advise on the use of the sliming pill xenadrine.

Thank you
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 16:43

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 244/220/170 Female 65.4inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

In general, people on this board don't advocate taking things like Xenadrine. From what I have read, it is primarily for people doing heavy workouts.

Since LC is such an effective way to get to burning the excess fat in our bodies, pills of that type aren't really needed. You might want to go and ask this question in the Exercise Forum where some of the members might know more about it.

None of the LC plans that this board supports suggests taking stuff like Xenadrine.

Go to this thread to see what research our member Trainerdan came up with.
xenadrine

Last edited by tofi : Fri, Jan-03-03 at 16:47.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jan-06-03, 15:56
Registered Member

Plan: Eat only low carbs no specific one
Stats: 240/202/200
BF:
Progress: 95%

I tried Xenadrine for a month....trust me the commercials make you go buy it! I lost probably 10-15 pounds but feeling awful with headaches and nausea all the time. I don't think it was worth it at all.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jan-07-03, 16:36
Registered Member

Plan: Low-Carb/high protein WOL
Stats: 173/148/140 Female 66 inches
BF:?/28%/?
Progress: 76%
Thumbs down I used it for a month or two

I used the xenadrine for about two months after going off Phentramine another prescription diet pill)!! I used phentramine for about two or three months for weight loss and then went on to xenadrine due to a drop in energy after quitting phentramine. I was off xenadrine for about three to four weeks and extremely tired, wanting to go buy more and knowing that I shouldn't, when I started low carbing. I was shocked by the results. Honestly , in about two or three days, I was feeling energized. I had energy from the moment I woke up. I'm not talking, run to the gym energy, but I do mean get my daily goals achieved energy! (I have three girls!) My energy has risen every day since. I sleep better at night too. Trust me, if your not already on them, PLEASE don't start. It's hard to get back to feeling normal after you've been on them for a while. I'm so thankful that I was introduced to this diet. Who knows what I would have done to myself if I had continued these dangerous pills. I truly believe they are addictive. I haven't heard a lot of bad about xenadrine as far as heart problems are concerned (not that it's not probably dangerous), but I REALLY believe that they are addictive. Try using the energy from high protein. I know it sounds crazy, but I think this WOL is the only way to go for energy and weight loss. I've lost weight just in the first week and tripled my energy. I'm not far along yet, but I know people who have really succeeded with this WOL. I totally believe in it and you will to. I Promise!
Good luck, I hope this helps
Kristen
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jan-07-03, 17:04
Registered Member

Plan: Low-Carb/high protein WOL
Stats: 173/148/140 Female 66 inches
BF:?/28%/?
Progress: 76%
Unhappy In regard to the suggested xenadrine thread!

There's an awful lot of optimism about a drug or a group of drugs that have PROVEN dangers. I mentioned the effects it had on me, but luckily I was not one of the unfortunate people to had heart attacks from taking them. I think if you look around on the internet you'll find that the ingredients in these over the counter drugs are extremely dangerous. In fact, I know you will because I've looked them up myself. Like I said earlier, I'm a mother of three and I've read about plenty of people, mothers and fathers, who just wanted to drop a few pounds and ended up with problems far beyond a few pounds, some unfortunately died. I don't know if your a parent or someones child, but I hope you look at the cons along with the pros before starting anything new. I know your worth being concerned about and if I'm the one to bring it to your attention, then so be it!
Good luck,
Kristen
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jan-10-03, 16:05

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 220/160.4/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 99%
Talking Hi Razzan

Don't waste you money on those pills .. I can tell you the side effects of basically every over the counter weight loss pill ... from experience ..

Ephedrine and / or MaHuang is a natural caffiene .. caffiene is known to stall this way of eating .. no matter what LC plan you're on ...

The side effects it created in me .. were .........
1) It made me horribly irritable, and short tempered
2) It created heart palpatations
3) It affected my nerves
4) I couldn't sleep
5) It created muscle injuries, because you feel invincable
6) and finally .. it (they) messed up my liver .. which took me 2 years to repair ..

Of course it's your choice if you want to use them, but as for asking opinions .. I would say -- don't waste your money ..

----
Sorry -- I just feel horribly strongly, that if a medication is not precribed by a physician, it can do more damage than good ..

Hope you surf around the site there's alot of knowledgable people here ...and welcome ..