Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Apr-10-05, 16:09

Plan: atkins
Stats: 180/180/140 Female 5.5
BF:Si, mucho!
Progress: 0%
Default Not as effective the second or third time around?

Just checking to see if other people have had the same problem I have.

Since I fell off the first time I just do not seem to be able to get back on track and have the success I did initially.

Any response on that?

Also I quit smoking in January and I have been starving ever since. I went from 140 to 160 in 3 months.

Thanks
Surrender
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Apr-10-05, 19:06

Plan: Atkins~Modified
Stats: 173/173/145 Female 5' 6" and growing!
BF:26.6%/
Progress: 0%

Hi Surrender! And don't do that! I mean surrender! Yes, the second, third and after attempts are harder, and the weight seems to not go off as well as it did the first time.
This will take you longer this time, but you can still do it! And CONGRATUALTIONS on giving up smoking! That is the first and formost positive thing you could have ever done for your health!
Now lets do something about the weight, (and that is not to pick up another cigarette again the rest of your life for starts!), I have a challenge going on right now called Challenge for Newbies and Beginners, or re-inductees. We are continuing it till Memorial Day. It is to help someone in your position. I am doing this for the second time and believe me I know how you feel! I have been unable to get the weight to go down at all. But, I did find a way to lose 5 pounds just last week!
If you want to, you can join me on a meat and egg fast next week for 5 days. This helped me break the stall, this is how I lost 5 pounds in a week. If you don't want to join the challenge, or even if you do, go to my journal ( click the journal button at the bottom of my post) and I will tell you about the fast. Just go into my journal and let me know if you are interested. I do wish you luck, and I know you can do this the second time or whichever time it is you are attempting. And once your body heals itself from the negative affects of the cigarettes things won't be a tough to do. Like losing weight, or exercising, or anything that you have attempted and been unable to succeed at to help your body and mind!
Good Luck
Brenda