Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, May-16-03, 11:14
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 247/221/130
BF:
Progress: 22%
Default frustrated

I am so frustrated I have been eating the same but wen. I gained 2 pounds and have not been able to lose it. I have been drinking my 64 ounces of water and it is 2 weeks before my tom. Any ideas what I need to do?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, May-16-03, 11:31

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 220/205/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%

You may want to up your water some, and just relax. It's very common to hold more water before TOM and a lot of people have a whoosh right after.

My first day of tom I go to the bathroom constantly, water just flushes out.

I want to encourage you to measure yourself, it's common to lose inches when you're not losing pounds and that is a very good feeling. You very rarely lose pounds and inches at the same time.

HTH
  #3   ^
Old Fri, May-16-03, 12:34
Lowcarb since 7/2002

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 360/232/180 Female 5'9"
BF:BMI 53.2/34.3/?
Progress: 71%

My weight fluctuates by two pounds all the time. The only solution I have found is patience -- if you fluctuated upward you will eventually fluctuate back down. Just keep eating well, drinking your water, and exercising and my guess is the two pounds will resolve themselves in a couple of days.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, May-16-03, 17:20

Plan: south beach (CAD)
Stats: 314/284/150 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:49
Progress: 18%

Be patient-I know that it is really hard, Over the last two weeks, I had put on 5.5 lbs of water weight-for no obvous reason. I ate just meat for one day. I upped my water to 100 + oz and cut out cheese for a while. I went back down to my low and....Lost another pound. I was so scared that this WOE I love wasn't going to work for me-Up that water and watch your cheese--I worked for me!!!!!
  #5   ^
Old Thu, May-22-03, 07:37

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/184/140 Female 5ft 4 inches
BF:lost track
Progress: 56%
Default More fats!

I usually nibble on cheeses and fatty things like nuts. Believe it or not I lost 3 lbs the week of TOM. I usually don't lose much on that week.

Don't go overboard, I get like 5 1inch squares and nibble between breakfast and lunch. Then between lunch and dinner I nibble on nuts, sunflower seeds.

I found that upping the fats and dietary calcium help with the TOM bloat.

Hope this helps next month.

Be blessed,
Tanya