Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jul-21-02, 17:34

Plan: atkins
Stats: 233/226/165
BF:
Progress: 10%
Question I have too little carbs!! What do I do?

Hi, my name is Stacey and I am a brand new member. My boyfriend and I started low carbing today and according to Fitday.com I only have 8 carbs today (and supper is over now). Is that too low? I would appreciate any input!!!!!
Thanks a lot!
Stacey
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jul-21-02, 18:07

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/167/167 Female 167cm
BF:45%/25.5%/20%
Progress: 100%

hi again Stacey

You should try to keep them up around 20grms while on induction, becasue your body does need some carbs and lower than 20 is not going to speed up your fat loss.

The best form of carbs while on induction is veggies as per the list in the induction section of the book. Increase your intake a bit and you'll find it quite easy to get up to 20gr.

Also, make sure you are counting all the little bits (eg cheese, eggs, etc are not completely carb free)

Lesley
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jul-21-02, 18:22

Plan: atkins
Stats: 233/226/165
BF:
Progress: 10%
Smile

Hi Lesley! Thank you for your posts! I am being very careful to follow the rules of induction but can't understand why my carbs are so low. I have eaten 2 cups of salad greens and 2/3 cup of the other greens but still have such a small amount. Should I eat a little more greens? I counted every speck of every thing that I ate today and only came up with 8. Unless I should have counted the olive oil the food was fried in, I left that out. What do you think?
Thank you very much!!
Stacey
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jul-21-02, 18:39

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/167/167 Female 167cm
BF:45%/25.5%/20%
Progress: 100%

Hi Stacey,

Olive oil is carb free, so nothing to count there. If you aren't making it up to 20 with 2 cups of vegiies, then increase them until you are, or have some which are slightly higher in carbs.

eg lettuce has hardly any, but cauli has a few more.

Don't worry though, it will gt easier to figure out as you go

Lesley