Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > LC Research/Media
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Feb-13-02, 19:11
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%
Default marketing, perception and mayo (how times change)

I found this article in the financial news in the food industry stuff I've been poking around in, and thought you might like to see it. I DON'T agree with the low-fat approach, don't get me wrong, but what caught my attention is a clear mention of "low carb count" as a BENEFIT in the same sentence as "low fat"! Wow, times have changed if OUR low carb is finally acknowledged as a selling point way up there in the rarefied financial food service news!

{ full text at http://biz.yahoo.com/iw/020212/037988.html }

Quote:
Tuesday February 12, 5:00 pm Eastern Time
Press Release
SOURCE: Hellmann's Mayonnaise
Introducing Hellmann's(R)/Best Foods(R) Just 2 Good!(TM)
New Reduced Fat Mayonnaise With Only Two Grams Of Fat Per Serving
ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS, NJ--(INTERNET WIRE)--Feb 12, 2002 -- Every day millions of people struggle to stay in shape, lose weight and eat better by giving up the foods they love. With Hellmann'sŪ/Best FoodsŪ new Just 2 Good!( TM) Reduced Fat Mayonnaise, the pleasure of enjoying the unmistakable taste of Hellmann'sŪ/Best FoodsŪ Mayonnaise can now be guilt-free.
Hellmann'sŪ/Best FoodsŪ Just 2 Good!(TM) Reduced Fat Mayonnaise is full of the rich, creamy flavor of Hellmann'sŪ/Best FoodsŪ Real Mayonnaise, but has 82% less fat; with only two grams of fat per serving. Diet-conscious consumers will also appreciate that the new variety has zero cholesterol and only two grams of carbohydrates in each serving.
Hellmann'sŪ/Best FoodsŪ Just 2 Good!(TM) Reduced Fat Mayonnaise can be found in local supermarkets and grocery stores now. It takes the place of Hellmann'sŪ/Best FoodsŪ Low Fat Mayonnaise in the Hellmann'sŪ/Best FoodsŪ mayonnaise dressings line, and is available in 16oz and 32oz jars.
Sponsored Links