Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Sep-15-01, 14:58
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 218/214/140
BF:
Progress: 5%
Question Carb Counter

Okay, where can I find more info on the carb counter, and how to use it. Do I enter the total fat, or sat. fat? Could some one explain the final numbers, and what number I should go by?
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Sep-15-01, 15:05

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Carb Counter

Ok, you can find the local carb counter here .
You have the option of sorting on fat, protein and carbs (It is defaulted to carbs). You may browse an entire section (such as eggs and dairy) or you can search for a specific food (such as macadamia nuts). The search will provide you with a breakdown. By clicking on the item listed you can change the value (it is defaulted to 100g. You can change it to 1 cup, or 1 tablespoon). All nutritional information will be listed (including fats and the types of fats)

I'm not sure what you mean about final numbers. Are you refering to Journal entries made by some members?

Nat
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Sep-15-01, 16:14
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Nat gave a wonderful description of how our crbohydrate counter works.

When you say final numbers, did you mean our hidden carbs calculator?

It lists these results:

Fat Factor: How many calories per gram of fat for this group
Protein Factor: How many calories per gram of protein for this group
Carbohydrate factor: How many calories per gram of carbohydrates for this group
--

Actual Carb Count : The real carbs in the products, based on total calories listed

Difference by Weight: The difference in carbs from the actual count compared to the label.

The Actual carb count , is the result.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Sep-15-01, 19:18
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 218/214/140
BF:
Progress: 5%
Default This is confusing......

okay, Yes I meant in regards to the hidden carb inspector. Thanks for telling me exactly what each one meant, but how can the companies get away with not telling the real numbers on the packaging. For example, I looked up a 1 1/8 oz. (32 g) pkg of salted peanuts. (Not dry roasted.)
Entered all the info, calories, protein, fat, & carbs.

Pkg. says it has 6g carb and 4 gram fiber, so technically I can subtract it, right????? or no???

so what it gave me for an answer, was a actual carb count of 10.63, difference by weigt 4.63.

So, you are telling me that this little bag of nuts, that supposedly has only 6 g of carbs, really has 10????

I'm going to need a portable calculator to carry on my wrist like a watch if I have to keep this up. LOL, what next?