Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Feb-11-03, 11:33

Plan: General Low-Carb
Stats: 224/210/180 Female 5'6" (67.2")
BF:36.2%/33.9%/29.0%
Progress: 32%
Default 3 months on Atkins Plan

I've been on the Atkins plan for 3 months and i have decided that its not the weightloss plan for me. I have lost 8lbs in the 3 months but nothing else is happening. I know low carbing is great as my energy level is high. I just got over chicken pox (fairly mild) and i know that low carbing made it easier to get over it. I'm not sure the next step to take.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Feb-11-03, 11:36

Plan: Low Carb My Way
Stats: 170/169/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

Why is it not the plan for you? You did not elaborate and I am just wondering why you are giving up. You know, there are many LC plans out there - Atkins is just one. There is Carbohydrate Addicts, Sommersizing, BFL, etc... Perhaps one of the other LC plans may suit you better than Atkins. Don't give up - - you said it yourself you feel great and you have lost weight. If you are frustrated on the slowness of loss...perhaps you were eating the wrong things??? Trying something new may not work either unless you really commit yourself. I wish you would reconsider...I know in the long run you won't regret it.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Feb-11-03, 13:10

Plan: Atkins / Curves
Stats: 182.0/182.0/150 Female 5'6"
BF:27.2
Progress: 0%

Please reconsider, you know by this forum that it works. Why don't you post what you've been eating - you may be eating the wrong things -- we can definately help - are you drinking enough water? Do you use fitday.com, it really helps keep track of what you eat.

Vikki
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Feb-11-03, 16:09

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 225/225/135 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Vikki is so right. Please try fitday and posting your foods. I was lcing last Nov. I got really sick and went off it. Partially because it was a good excuse to quit because I had only lost 3 lbs in almost 6 weeks. It was very discouraging. I decided to try it again Jan 6th taking everyones advice about fitday, veggies, water and everything else I read about. Fitday showed me my calories were way off. I could'nt believe it. I also foced myself to drink the required amount of water and the right amount of veggies. It was hard at first, but now I hardly think about it. This time I lost 6 lbs the first 2 weeks. I'm now down 13 lbs and 9 1/2 inces and I'm just staring my 5th week.

Sometimes what you are eating is just wrong for you. Maybe too much cheese, not enough veggies. It could be anything. Exercising I found out also makes a big difference even if it's not a lot. Give it a little more time and try these things. This WOL does work. Sometimes just a little slower for some than others.

Keep trying. A 3 lbs loss is better than a gain of anything.

Lisa
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Feb-11-03, 16:25
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 310/250/160
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default How Much Did You Eat?

If you were following the Atkins plan carefully, you would have been lowering your food volume as you go. As your caloric intake diminishes your weight would go down. Any diet will have that effect, low carb or not. Have you reviewed how much you were eating? Atkins is an excellent diet plan, but you cannot keep eating at the caloric levels that got you fat, on Atkins or any diet.

Any diet plan requires careful adherence to the rules and an ultimate reduction in how much you eat. I have found Atkins to be most satisfying and effective. I hope you can either restart Atkins from the Induction level and carefully follow it, or find another plan that works for you.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Feb-12-03, 13:38

Plan: General Low-Carb
Stats: 224/210/180 Female 5'6" (67.2")
BF:36.2%/33.9%/29.0%
Progress: 32%

Thanks for your support and advise. I have decided to give the plan another go. In all honestly, i haven't been eating properly especially my veggies. I started using fitday.com today and i think i've been having less than 10g of carbs daily. I would be focusing on increasing my carbs intake.