Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-04, 10:07

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 282/236/150 Female 67.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 35%
Talking 20 Pounds Gone!!!

Whoo hoo! I'm so excited!!!

20 pounds gone after 4 weeks!! After not losing for about 10 days, and after cutting back on the cheese and bars and staying off the scale for a few days (good advice from several of you!!), the scale finally went down 4 pounds in 3 days. This WOE is great!

I'm on a roll!

So . . . . I'm committing to at least 1 more month! (I have to have mini-objectives like this, rather than pounds or inches b/c I obsess about numbers . . . ).

Who knows?? Maybe this time next month, I'll be ready to commit to 2 more months? . . .

Sue
Started 1/2/04
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-04, 10:10

Stats: 240/175/120 Female 165
BF:
Progress: 54%

Great News!

Its true about the scales - i prefer to weigh everyday - but sometimes its best to avoid.

Myself - if i am not losing the way i want to - i feel like a binge of carbs...

not good

well done and long may it continue!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-04, 10:16

BF:

Oh, my gosh, ItaliaGirl! You've lost 65 pounds!! That's amazing!!

People like you are my motivations right now! You hang in there for the long haul (not my nature), and you're really seeing impressive results. I know it stinks not to lose any for a while, and I know it seems like the scale makes or breaks my mood on some days, but in the back of my mind I see posts from people like you and think, all I have to do is stick with it.

Hang in there!! Maybe change what you're eating a little or drink a ton more water for a couple of days to jump start your loss again?? Are you exercising? I"m not yet, but know I'll reach that point when my body won't want to lose without some kind of activity . . . sigh . . .

And, if it gets really rough, just remind yourself that you have lost as much weight as the standard 9 or 10-year old!! That's amazing!!

Do you have pics? I'd love to see them!

Sue
1/2/04
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-04, 10:17

Stats: 272/199/175 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 75%

Hey Sue! I was going to post exactly the same thing today...20 lbs lost in 4 weeks! Great work figuring out what works for you and sticking to it! I know I feel so much better. I hope you accomplish your mini goals and stick around!
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-04, 10:36

BF:

Patti,

Congrats to you, too!! Don't you feel good?

Just out of curiosity . . . are you still doing Induction?

Sue
Started 1/2/04
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-04, 10:49
living kaizen

Stats: 510/406/195 Male 6 feet baby...
BF:
Progress: 33%

Excellent! That's almost a pound a day, way to go!
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-04, 11:27

Plan: My Own
Stats: 258/247/180 Female 5 ft, 5 in
BF:
Progress: 14%

WOW! 20 lbs! That's great!!!
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-04, 11:33

Stats: 272/199/175 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 75%

Sue - I try to stay around 25 grams/day. To be honest, I haven't done a strict induction...I haven't given up coffee and I eat nuts and lo-carb bread and tortillas. I'm careful to eat my veggies, drink enough water and not overdo cheese or nuts and so far, it's worked.

I have been exercising and I think it makes a huge difference. I do 30-40 mins of cardio 5x/wk. I was very exercise-phobic but joined a gym 3 weeks ago and now I really look forward to going.
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-04, 12:00
Busty McChacha

Plan: atkins
Stats: 304/246.6/175 Female 5 foot 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 44%

Great job!
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-04, 13:30

BF:

Thanks, everyone!

Irisda, WOW you've lost 79 pounds?? How long did it take? Do you exercise? Any suggestions for "the long haul"?

Patti, I don't have the money to join the gym or the YWCA, and it is -12 here today, so exercise is pretty much out . . . I do a little yoga, but it is more stretching than a "workout." I teach, and right now, that's about all I have energy for . . .

I'm also eating nuts and tortillas, but again not both in one day. No low carb bread, baked goods other than tortillas, or candy, though.

And, one of the most helpful things I do is to read the board every couple of days (or more), especially if I'm having food cravings or am bored. It gives me something to do and lots of inspiration. The recipes are also great!

20 down . . . 102 to go . . . (I can't wait until I can say "99 to go." Doesn't that sound weird of me??)

Sue
1/2/04
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-04, 13:41

Stats: 240/175/120 Female 165
BF:
Progress: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSue04
Oh, my gosh, ItaliaGirl! You've lost 65 pounds!! That's amazing!!

People like you are my motivations right now! You hang in there for the long haul (not my nature), and you're really seeing impressive results. I know it stinks not to lose any for a while, and I know it seems like the scale makes or breaks my mood on some days, but in the back of my mind I see posts from people like you and think, all I have to do is stick with it.

Hang in there!! Maybe change what you're eating a little or drink a ton more water for a couple of days to jump start your loss again?? Are you exercising? I"m not yet, but know I'll reach that point when my body won't want to lose without some kind of activity . . . sigh . . .

And, if it gets really rough, just remind yourself that you have lost as much weight as the standard 9 or 10-year old!! That's amazing!!

Do you have pics? I'd love to see them!

Sue
1/2/04

Thanks so very much!

I never really give myself credit for this weight loss.

I have a picture of now, but one of when i was much bigger - but i have to scan it and the scanners broke - usual!

When fixed I shall post.

I also make a video diary for myself with a cam-corder. With each 30lbs i make a new video - so now i have 2 at the moment and another 1/2 to go.

It motivated me because the change is amazing.

its quite emotional to see myself so big and unhappy on camera/tv.

this is ok - because sometimes i do binge...and then view the film and get back on track

Thanks!
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-04, 15:13

Plan: My Way!
Stats: 293/273/250 Female 5'8
BF:too darn much!
Progress: 47%

You are doing WONDERFUL!
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-04, 16:30

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 333/199.8/172 Female 5'8"
BF:??/39.0/25
Progress: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSue04
...all I have to do is stick with it.

You found the magic key! This way of eating works for many of us when other plans didn't. If you fall off the wagon, just reach out a hand and we'll pull you back up.

Congrats on the 20 lbs gone. Next time you are at the grocery store, go pick up a 20 lb bag of dog food. It'll open your eyes as to how much weight you were really hauling around. Now that's incentive!!!
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Jan-31-04, 00:14
~Return to Reality~

Plan: LCHF also RNY Bypass
Stats: 288.8/183.6/159 Female 5'7"
BF:I/don't/know
Progress: 81%

Wonderful, Sue!! That's a great start to this WOE. Keep it up, and it will drop off, bit by bit. Some days it feels like the scale will never move.

But I've lost 72.5 pounds, and even in the last couple of weeks, I've gone down about 5 pounds so I'm still getting larger losses among the slower ones.

I have found that once I started recording what I am eating in www.fitday.com, I am much more conscious about what is going into my mouth. Cheese, for example, is very high in calories, so I use it in moderation.

Good luck as you progress!

And Patti, good job on your loss too!
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Jan-31-04, 01:22

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Congrats...way to go!!!!