Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, May-03-04, 13:47

Plan: atkins
Stats: 280/275/180 Male 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 5%
Default Britgrl...

If you think it is hard in Valdosta to find good low carb foods, you should try it just down the road a piece here in Thomasville!!! My only saving grace is that Tallahassee is only 30 minutes away. If you find any good stores to shop in V'dosta please let me know, it would be worth driving over there every other week or so to load up.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, May-03-04, 14:59

Plan: South Beach-ish
Stats: 170/134/120 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 72%

Tofatinga-Hey girl! Hey, I'm sure it is hard to find low carb in Thomasville, but hey...lets just hope for the best in the future. Low carb will grow in such popularity we'll have Low carb products EVERYWHERE imaginable. (hey, down the road it prob will be like this) The only place I enjoy shopping at for "my stuff" is a lil health food store right down the road from the University. I forget the name of it, but its near the pizza hangout, Mellow Mushroom...if ya know where that is. I've bought flaxseed there (for cereal) and found the oil of oregano suppliments there for not bad of a price. Other than there, the only place I can find any kind of decent selection of low carb products is at Super Wal-Mart. Do you guys not have a Super-Walmart around that area?
  #3   ^
Old Mon, May-03-04, 15:27

Plan: Muscle Centric
Stats: 238/152/160 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 110%

Quote:
If you think it is hard in Valdosta to find good low carb foods, you should try it just down the road a piece here in Thomasville!!!

LOL, you should come to the UK, then you'd find out just how hard it is
  #4   ^
Old Mon, May-03-04, 16:09

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 202/174/130 Female 5' 2"
BF:
Progress: 39%
Default You Mean Little Barnesville Has More Stuff!

Hey Folks!!

Barnesville GA here! (About 55 miles south of the Atlanta Airport) We are getting quite a selection going at our grocery (Ingles)...I can't figure out if there is just that many people in town are doing LC or the Manager or his Wife or something...lol.

I was excited last week, and bought several new items!

Wishing You All The Luck!
Julie In Barnesville!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, May-03-04, 21:47

Plan: South Beach-ish
Stats: 170/134/120 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 72%

Thats great 37-48Ford! I grew up south of Atlanta in Fayette county and had an Ingles about 5 minutes from my house growing up. I'd do anything if we could get an Ingles,Kroger, or Publix down here in Valdosta! Winn-Dixie is the ONLY decent store we have and they have NADA-NOTHING of a selection of low carb products.