Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Sep-06-02, 15:10

Plan: atkins
Stats: 139/139/120
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default eating to much

I.ve been on inducton for 5 days my strips show that i'm in ketosis but i haven't lost any weight this is what i've been eating 2 eggs with turkey bacon 3
a 1/4 pounder with mustard and cheese
a protein eas bar or shake 2 or 3 carbs
and fish, or meat or chicken with a salad with blue cheese pleas help me i really want this to work
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Sep-06-02, 17:59

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Hi Jenn!

You certainly don't look like you're eating too much to me. Average weight loss during induction is usually about 10% of what you need to lose which in your case would maybe be 1.5 lbs. The large amounts of weight loss that you hear about are usually people who have large amounts of weight to lose to begin with. If you have lost nothing by the end of the induction period, I'd suggest that you cut out the protein bars and keep at it. Often those bars have more carbs than advertised (something we refer to as "hidden carbs"). Some people can eat them without a problem, others find that they have a hard time losing or can't lose at all while eating them. Oh...and don't forget to drink your water.