Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Mar-07-02, 17:44

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 452/386/200 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 26%
Default Premier Nutrition Protein Eight

I am aware of all the hidden carb dangers and what not of "low carb" bars, but I eat them on occasion and have not had trouble with them so far. Will probably have to give them up at some point I am sure. Anyhow, I was at GNC the other day and after saying how much I dislike the atkins bars the employee behind the counter suggested these bars. Most of the bars I have tried have been very dry, poor texture, and very bad tasting, but these things are very good. I bought a chocolate strawberry mousse and a chocolate coconut. Both were very good. Very smooth, soft texture and very good flavor. Do contain malitol which I have been very leary of because of *ahem* intestinal discomforts (I ate three squares of a carbolite "candy" bar and was in immediate pain which persisted until late in the night), but did not have a problem with these things. She also told me that if I didn't like them I could get my money back. Did not know GNC had a policy like that. The next time I am in the mall the can of Atkins strawberry shake mix goes back. That stuff was awful. I don't know if I got a bad batch or what. But the powder itself had an bad odor and when I made it like the instructions said it came out looking like yogurt. Could not even get a mouthful down.

Mark
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Mar-07-02, 18:06

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 224/224/150 Female 5ft 5in
BF:
Progress: 0%
Post low carb bars

I am not a big fan of many of the atkins bars either, but i'll tell you what...i had teh chochlate coconut one today and was in HEAVEN! OMG..it was sooooooo good. I know i am not really supposed to eat them (although i emailed the atkins website, asking if i could eat them during induction and they told me it was ok to "occasionally use them as a meal replacement or snack". I dont plan on eating them all the time, but when a sweet craving hits..it sure beats some other alternatives!