Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Oct-07-03, 07:22
Registered Member

Plan: partial atkins
Stats: 223/210/145 Female 5'4
BF:39%/36%/25%
Progress:
Default Ladies Premier Fitness Center -input needed

Hello to all..Annie-pie,

Got on the scale, I'm still 210... although I did not loose, that is great news for me, because this weekend was bad...

I am looking into the Premier Ladies Fitness Center -- on joining, it is about 3 minutes from my house since the military gym (where it would be free) is about 20 minutes and not convenient to me at all.

I want to start incorporating some exercise, still just thinking about it though, no decision yet, it'll be $30 a month for 2 yrs or $40 for 1 year...

It is an all inclusive program...personal trainer, water aerobics, sauna,steam room, weights, aerobic classes, weight and measurements taken all without extra charges.....some facilities are 24 hr, but the one by me is 4 am to 10 pm....I'd do 6-7 AM MWF (aerobics and cardio) then 7-8 PM TTH (weight & strength trng.)

I think it is great...what do you all think?

Anyone know about this gym, any experiences?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Oct-07-03, 08:45

Plan: dr. atkins
Stats: 155/145/125 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 33%

I've never heard of the gym but it sounds like a great idea to me. I think the biggest plus in the personal trainer. At my gym if you want to hire one it can range from $50-100 for ONE session. So you are definately saving money there. Take advantage.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Oct-07-03, 09:31
Registered Member

Progress:

rosemam,

Thx for you insight and advise!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Nov-04-03, 00:13

Plan: Atkins Diet
Stats: 245/169/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

I'm getting ready to go check it out myself. I had a customer come into my store and was talking about it. She says it's awesome. Noticed that you are in Huber.....that's the one I'm checking out tomorrow.

Vickie

Last edited by Makar18 : Tue, Nov-04-03 at 00:17.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Nov-04-03, 08:07
Registered Member

Progress:

Hi Makar18....

Girl, let's get together...i need a partner. I have some free passes too if you need one..like check it out on someone elses pass for a month then on mine for another month, if you'd like...

You know they give you a lot of them to have you invite lots of folks..

I love it..it's about 3 min from my house and I go every morning...Next will it's my desire to go am and pm so that I can mobilize the fat a lot sooner...

How long did it take you to get to 169? how far are you now from your goal? have you been doing atkins all the way?

With atkins, i have a problem with eating all that cheese and eggs, it really constipates me.

please write back...
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Nov-04-03, 08:46

BF:

Not going to be able to make it today like I thought.....forgot I have to go to a manager's meeting...old age..lol

Probably will go Friday after I pick up paychecks. I like the fact that they have versatile hours because I have versatile hours.....live in Troy, but work in New Carlisle, so it's only a little out of the way.

I've been on Atkins a year this past September but with some strays, one lasting 3 months. Can't help but think I'd be at goal by now if I had behaved myself.....lol. But that's behind me...been back on plan for a while now and need to incorporate exercise. Was exercising on my own but then work hours increased and exercise hours decreased. I'd like to lose 24 more lbs and then tone up. And yes, I've been doing Atkins all the way. IMHO.....it's the only way. At least for me. I've tried many diets, but this way of eating has been the best.

As for the eggs and cheese.....hardly ever touch the stuff.....lol.

Vickie
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Nov-04-03, 09:08
Registered Member

Progress:

Thx for replying...

I have been doing good and eating mostly salads for lunch and protein and salad for dinner...I love salads and I get it from Kroger in the mornings for my lunch...

Well like you I've been on every diet in the world and have messed up my system I'm sure, now, I'm just learning to eat properly and exercise...

I doo love the gym because it's my time for me...no phone, no hubby no kids...just me and Jesus....

Have a great day...and let's keep in touch...i'm on outlook so when you email me it pops right up...thx.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Nov-04-03, 09:13

BF:

Funny....I get my salads from Krogers too. The one on 201 & Harshman.

And that's what I want to ......Me time.....I haven't had any real "me" time in over 2 years. And it kills 2 birds with one stone......me time and getting fit.

I'm on hotmail so it pops right up for me too.

Vickie