Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, May-23-09, 16:54

Plan: General Low Carb 4/4/11
Stats: 193/188.4/120 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 6%
Talking Brag About Todays' Good Decision over Temptation

Hello Everyone,

Over the past week, when I have made good dietary decisions, I felt really proud of myself and saw the results. Now, there were times when I made a bad decision, and FELT the consequences of that: tons of bagels and those flavored whipped cream cheese all over the office on Wednesday. Felt awful on Thursday!

Anyway, I thought I would start a thread where we get to brag about our daily good decisions over temptations. If something like this has been started before, I apologize.

As someone who has bouts with depression and who has a very full life, it is a major accomplishment to even take care of myself by cooking my own meals. I should own a few franchises by now!!

So here is my good decision today. It is nearly 7PM here, my fridge is not working well at all... I have not eaten one bite today although I have been hungry all day. Tempted to go get grilled KFC (have not tried it yet) or some Chinese food... (can use the fact the most my food in the fridge is spoiled and no groceries keep for more than 48 hours at this point)... I instead went to the supermarket and bought a few items.

I am baking my own chicken that I will have with some celery and avocado and water and or cold herbal tea! I feel darn proud for not taking the easy way out today.

So for me, both cooking my own meal and staying low carb. are good decisions for me. What good decision over temptation did you make today?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, May-23-09, 17:40
Operation Ann 2013

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 310/297.0/150 Female 5ft 1 in
BF:Of course!! :)
Progress: 8%

I made a salad and had leftover chix, instead of eating something I wanted, but knew i would regret! yay for us!
  #3   ^
Old Sat, May-23-09, 18:09

Stats: 307/222/177 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 65%

Watched my husband eat a (breaded) grouper sandwich and french fries during our lunch out today... and yet thoroughly enjoyed my chicken wings and side salad. At the beginning of the meal I would have given my right ear for a handful of fries, but my lunch was so good that I soon forgot all about it. An hour later he was full and grumbling about his gassy belly but I felt fantastic! ha!
  #4   ^
Old Sat, May-23-09, 19:56

Plan: Atkins ~ DANDR
Stats: 230/230/150 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:it is going down!
Progress: 0%

Went to a family BBQ, and avoided with pleasure the strawberry shortcake, cookies, twice baked potatoe casserole, mac n cheese, pinto beans, garlic bread and instead ate some ribs, brisket, sausage, and deviled eggs. THERE Was not one veggie on that table. ~ I have come the conclusion I will bring at least a salad from now on for everyone when we have these get togethers. Not one veggie!!! A disgrace! ~

I felt very powerful ~ no other word to discribe it ~ by saying no to all that make me feel gross garbage!
  #5   ^
Old Sat, May-23-09, 21:39

Plan: Whole food, semi low carb
Stats: 165/165/140 Female 5'6"
BF:

I went to a birthday party today and didn't touch the cake. I watched everyone have a yummy looking piece (I LOVE cake!) but avoided it completely.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, May-24-09, 13:39

Plan: GLC
Stats: 145/139/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 30%

Opened the bread drawer looking for straws. Saw bags of buns and english muffins and salivated. Had crab with mayo, almonds, and string cheese instead.
  #7   ^
Old Sun, May-24-09, 16:46

Plan: VLC
Stats: 212.2/203.2/140.0 Female 69 inches
BF:41%/41%/23%
Progress: 12%

Met some friends for breakfast. The place that we ate is FAMOUS for its pancakes and French toast. I opted for a bacon-and-egg sandwich with a side salad. I ate two bites of the English muffin, but left the rest. It was delicious.

As I sat there looking at the deliciously-browned English muffin, I reminded myself that I had achieved my first mini-goal (< 210 pounds) just this morning, and that the shorts that I was wearing were MUCH looser than they were two weeks ago. Those thoughts really strengthened my resolve.

FreyaAZ
  #8   ^
Old Mon, May-25-09, 10:22

Stats: 212/187.8/135 Female 5feet4inches
BF:
Progress: 31%

My sister and I were in charge of a quick breakfast today. She made delicious looking waffles. But i made sausage and ate 2 of those and a huge glass of water, and a pickle.

Yayyy lowcarb!

-Callie
  #9   ^
Old Mon, May-25-09, 12:34

I woke up wanting an Apple Fritter from a local donut shop. Did I eat it? NOPE!! I actually, after having my coffee, didnt even feel like eating anything for breakfast! YAY!
  #10   ^
Old Mon, May-25-09, 15:40

Plan: General Low Carb 4/4/11
Stats: 193/188.4/120 Female 5'2
BF:

Wow in just reading some of these posts, I find myself craving the foods and wondering, "could I have passed up on THAT?" It is amazing how we might think we cannot do a certain thing then when challenged to do it, we often find that we are stronger and much more determined than we thought. Yay is right!!!
  #11   ^
Old Mon, May-25-09, 15:42

Plan: low carb
Stats: 171/125/145 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 177%

Went to a Memorial Day BBQ, and ignored the fresh corn on the cob on my plate (the first of the season)
  #12   ^
Old Tue, May-26-09, 08:29

Stats: 250/232/150 Female 66 inches
BF:too much
Progress: 18%

Yesterday, went over to my Mom's for Dinner.
She was serving Whole wheat spagetti and sauce and white crusty bread and chocolate chip cookies

I had a zuchini sliced up with spagetti sauce and parm cheese. and a 1 min flax muffin

Woke up this morning down a pound....I love when that happens

Last edited by CaddyM : Tue, May-26-09 at 08:34.
  #13   ^
Old Tue, May-26-09, 17:46

Plan: Atkins / M&E
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress:

Well, I don't know if this qualifies, but given the circumstances... I'm on vacation this week, though I'm taking a "staycation," just doing day trips here and there. But I gave myself permission to eat more carbs than I normally do IF I really wanted to, which honestly I haven't - until I went to an afternoon matinee today! Sorry, I just cannot do a movie without popcorn! I haven't honestly been to a movie since going to LC, so what I had them do was sell me the smallest possible bag and I asked them to fill it up 1/2 way. Got the bag and the teenager basically ignored me and filled it up 3/4 of the way, which is still a LOT of popcorn. Anyway, longish story short, I ate about 1/4th of what was in the bag and then just put it aside, enjoying the movie. Actually I put it aside pretty easily because while it was good it wasn't GREAT - just not worth the carbs.

Did a similar thing the other day while eating out at an unfamiliar Chinese buffet in another city. I stuck, of course, with the speared grilled meat, salmon, etc, but was surprised (and pleased) with how often I tasted something and put the rest aside, because again it was okay, but it wasn't GREAT. My criteria for carbs seems to have developed into it better be AWESOME of just forget it.
  #14   ^
Old Wed, May-27-09, 00:16

Plan: My own lc plan
Stats: 169/167/135 Female 5'6.5"
BF:

I was at a mall food court today surrounded by the sights and smells of pizza, chinese, burgers, and ice cream, just to name a few. But, I had a nice tossed salad with ranch dressing. Worst part was it was packed and the only seat I could find was in front of a Cinnabon...which was sandwiched between a caramel apple stand and smoothie bar. Man, it was hard, but boy do I feel extra good about it! Next time, I'll find a bench outside even if the heat kills me.
  #15   ^
Old Wed, May-27-09, 06:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairballz
My criteria for carbs seems to have developed into it better be AWESOME of just forget it.

It never fails with me either. Nothing really is as good as I remember it to have been or imgained it to be. I guess our tastebuds get spoiled to REAL foods, and so all the fake things ( most of what we don't eat normally) just doesn't come close!!

Great job!