Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Mar-27-04, 10:36

Plan: atkins
Stats: 142/142/118 Female 60
BF:
Progress:
Default new with questions

Hi,

I'm a petite 5'1", 42 yr old, mother of a 15 year old and 11 year old. I've inched my was up to 142 lbs, and would like to take control get myself back to a 115-118 lb range. I've just started Atkins today, and I have a couple of questions I'm hoping you can help me with:

1. I've read the Atkin's book, he doesn't adddress anywhere that you should account for size(petite) allowances. Have you found any modifications you needed to make re:food quantity consumed?
2. Friends of mine who have done the low carb dieting have mentioned they disliked the bad body odor they developed. Have any solutions for BO prevention?
3. How do I calculate my Fat %?
4. Where can I get some addtional Induction recipes?

Thanks for your help. I've excited on getting started.

Dana f
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Mar-27-04, 20:02

Plan: Low Carb - My Way!
Stats: 261/177/125 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 62%

Hi Dana!

I'm new and can't really offer you any help. I just saw your post and wanted to take a moment and say "hi!".

Pam
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Mar-27-04, 21:08
& Dillion Doggie Do!

Plan: Atkins, Maintenance
Stats: 221/172/147 Female 5'6"
BF:Sizes over scale!
Progress: 66%

You can go to the web site Fitday.com - a free site. Put in the food you eat and it will figure it all out for you. DO this for a couple of weeks atleast till you get use to knowing what you need to eat to get to your fat levels.

As for the body oder, some people get it, more do not. Oh don't get me wrong, mostlikely you will develop bad breath. This is because of the new way your body is digesting food. Drink lots of water! This will also help if you are one of the unlucky one who develops body oder.

You can also find lots of good recipes on these boards. Just go to the recipe section and look around.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Mar-28-04, 10:33
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 270/215/150 Female 5'4
BF:not sure
Progress: 46%

Hi, there...dont' worry about size portions - eat until you feel satisfied - but not stuffed. As for the body odour, it doesn't happen to everyone - I got the bad breath - it's not "bad" per se, just different. nobody has stopped talking to me yet though
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Mar-28-04, 13:16

Plan: anti-fungal, atkins
Stats: 165/125/125 Female 5'1
BF:
Progress: 100%

I am also 5'1 I find I have to eat more smaller meals or else I don't get enough fat, or protien in...
so I eat 3 meals and 2 hearty snacks...this really helps, though I still fight to get my veggies in LOL

if you want to look at what I eat try my journal I try and post...though I am now somewhere between induction and owl

I find if I eat one big meal I am stuffed and feel rotten forever!!...I also found the weight didn't come off as fast as I wanted it to...be ware the less you have to lose the slower it goes, so don't be frustrated at your rate!! it will come...I lost tons of inches at first before the pounds!!

well good luck!