Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Apr-23-03, 19:52
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 160/152/115 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 18%
Default Carb Tips

I've been having problems eating 20 carbs a day since I started my induction, because I'm so paranoid about over-carbbing. Also, I don't space them throughout the day... I have two small evening meals with carbs and no carbs earlier in the day. I have some other issues, as well:

1. How do I get over this paranoia of eating too many carbs? I know I'm not eating enough. Which is worse.. too few or going over the 20 a day limit?

2. I eat a lot of protein, all day long. Should I be watching my calories at all or is it safe to snack on bits of steak and chicken all day if I feel like it?

3. What can I do to avoid constipation? I have a fiber powder made from tree bark, but it doesn't say how many carbs are in it. It's extremely high fiber, so is it safe to eat?

Thank you!
Mariah
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Apr-23-03, 20:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/135/135 Female 64 inches
BF:30
Progress: 100%

Your fiber really should be coming from the low glycemic veggies you are eating. It IS important to spread your carbs out over the day - if you load up at one point in the day... you just spike your insulin level and that is NOT what you are trying to achieve. Try having scrambled eggs with some peppers diced up in them for breakfast, make lunch a big salad with lettuce, cukes, etc and some meat and a full fat dressing. Then for dinner have a serving of meat (6 to 8 ounces) and 1 cup of allowed veggies OR 1 cup of salad with dressing. As for snacks... if you are hungry between meals then use have some protein for a snack... but keep the portion size small and try not to just eat because you want the sensation of being "stuffed" and the sensation of tasting something good. Eat until you are satisfied - not stuffed.

Hope that helps.