Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > South Beach Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Sep-08-04, 08:03

Plan: South Beach(Phase III)
Stats: 235/187/190 Male 6'
BF:
Progress: 107%
Default 7 month anniversery

Tommorrow is my 7 month anniversery on SBD...I've lost 49 pounds...my how time flies. It seems like just yesterday I was wondering if I could actually do this. Well, I did it and it was painless. In the beginning I worried about everything I ate, wondered if I was doing it right, wanted faster results, and was concerned that even if I did somehow manage to come anywhere close to the goal I had set...would I be able to continue on as a way of life.

7 months later I think I have answered all my concerns and questions.

1. I've been on Phase III for a little over 2 months and I don't worry about what I eat at all...by following SBD I've been able change how I look at food...everything from how I shop, to how I cook, to how much I eat. It's all second nature now and doesn't require much more thought than all of the bad eating I used to do.

2. In retrospect, I completely changed my life in about 5 months...I didn't need to be concerned that it was taking too long. This has gone very fast and the journey has been one full of discovery and triumph.

3. I followed the book and the guide...I haven't used recipies from the book. I used the principles in the book of eating the right foods, lower on the glysemic index, in moderation. It turns out that I did it right...I found that if I stick to the basics that are presented...I eat healthier and lose weight. No magic.

4. I've been able to live very well on Phase III. I'm not hungry and really don't crave anything...I have the rare splurge of a piece of cheese cake or corn on the cob but it really doesn't make me immeadiately gain weight or want to go on a sugar eating binge. I weigh myself every day...if I see the weight creep any at all I just drop back to Phase II for a couple of days to make sure I'm on track. This is just as Dr. A describes in the SBD book...

Bottom line...in 7 short months I've literally changed my life and how I view myself...SBD is the tool that made this happen...I can't imagine ever going back to the way things were before. I love not carrying around 50 extra pounds! I have energy and a confidence that had almost disappeared because of the extra weight I was carrying.

Best of luck to all of you who are on this journey...have patience, follow the book, come to this forum and participate, start a journal, and eat the right food in moderation...you can lose the weight before you know it...time flies when you are having fun!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Sep-08-04, 08:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 156/149/130 Female 5' 7
BF:
Progress: 27%

Congrats and thanks for sharing ur story with us.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Sep-08-04, 11:09

Plan: Atkins/My own
Stats: 205/199.2/154 Female 5ft 4in
BF:
Progress: 11%

I love reading these stories they keeps me inspired, congrats on your loss and thanks for sharing.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Sep-09-04, 07:19
Registered Member

Plan: low carb/low fat
Stats: 255/236/155 Female 5 ft. 9 in.
BF:32%/?/20%
Progress: 19%

Congratulations. You must be proud. I have been all over the board about which plan to use and I finally decided on SB because my daughter is doing so well on it. She mainly uses it for maintenance. I think the most important thing about it is it's ease of use and that it really isn't a diet but a tutorial on how to eat right.

Again, congrats to you on your progress.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Sep-10-04, 10:38
Contributing Member

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 212/167/150 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 73%

Congrats Pstar!!! Yippee, I have been on South Beach since Febuary, of this year and I am a new person!!! You are so right, I never WANT to go back to the old way of eating!! YUCK!! Carrying around 50+ lbs. Now I have energy and my Doctor is pleased with my Blood Pressure etc... Yippee for us, don't you just want to shout it from the rooftops!!! I never say anything unless someone comes up to me and asks how I did it though!! I loved your post, you hit the nail on the head, it is a lifestyle change, not just a "diet"
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Sep-15-04, 12:01
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 180/170/165 Male 5 feet 10 inches
BF:
Progress: 67%
Smile

Congratulations and happy anniversary! It is so nice to hear all the accomplishements people have on the SBD.