Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Dec-26-01, 15:00
Registered Member

Plan: BFL/PP
Stats: 175/169/125
BF:
Progress: 12%
Default I need my life back!

Hello there and season's greetings! I've introduced before but unfortunately I've never actually made it through induction. I'm very weak, extrememly carb addicted. I've been bulimic for more than half of my life. I know my whole system is so out of whack after years of abuse. I know this wae will help things to balance out. I was going to wait until 1/1 but I thought why wait to gain control. I need to start now. I pray for success!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Dec-26-01, 15:04

Plan: '72 Atkins
Stats: 224/193/170 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 57%
Default You can do it!

jlynn,

You sound so frustrated! The people on here are very informative and I know will be able to give you good advice. Welcome!!

I've been on this forum alot today (slow day at work) and have noted just how many new people have joined just since I did a mere couple of days ago! So you aren't alone, not at all.

Go read the journals for great inspiration and eating ideas, too. And start one! It is fun, besides being so helpful.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Dec-26-01, 20:27

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 164/130/132
BF:
Progress: 106%

Welcome jlynn!!!!!
And congrats on coming back !!! You know you can do this---like any addiction you just have to take it one day at a time! We're all here to help--- come often and keep yourself focused on this --- you can do it!!
I ate nothing but carbs and sweets for 3 yrs and I haven't had sugar since Nov. 14!! Thats the longest in my life!! But if you stick with this the cravings WILL go away!!
We're all rootin' for ya!!
Ellie
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Dec-26-01, 21:41

Plan: mostly paleo
Stats: //
BF:also don't care
Progress: 100%

hi jlynn, and welcome! You will get your life back, and that "weakness" you think you suffer will change into strength. The longer you are away from sugar and grains, the less you want them. You don't think about them full-time any more, and you have more time and energy to do other things in life!

The first few days can be tough for some, but if you're motivated, you'll do fine. Eat plenty of meat, eggs, and cheese!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Dec-26-01, 21:50
Registered Member

Plan: dr.atkins
Stats: 132/122/100 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 31%
Talking welcome to the forum

Hi Lynn(thats my name too)

nice to meet you and glad you have decided to join us here...you have found a wonderful place to make friends and learn tons and get tons of support....anytime you need to talk were always here...Good Luck
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Dec-26-01, 22:37

Plan: Atkins
Stats: -/-/- Female -
BF:
Progress: 7%

Hi Lynn,

I'm glad you are here. A lot of people here, including me, understand the carb addiction thing. I am so addicted. I am so weak too--but slowly I am making some progress. Check out my journal--you will see what I mean.

Quote:
I was going to wait until 1/1 but I thought why wait to gain control. I need to start now.
Absolutely Tomorrow is never a good day to start--only today. If you really want to make a life change, you want to start as soon as possible (Don't I love this, I get to tell myself what I need to hear and talk to you at the same time!!)

There is lots of good info and support here. Hang around and never give up