Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > General Health
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Aug-29-03, 08:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 255/187/150 Female 5'0
BF:
Progress: 65%
Default Breast surgery?

I'd like to hear from people who've had breast reduction or breast lift surgery. I'd particularly like to know if you were happy with the results in the long run (I know the recovery from surgery can be very hard).

I'm considering this myself once I've lost considerably more weight. I don't think I can ever be happy with my body carrying these large droopy breasts .

For the record, my husband doesn't think I should change them, which is definitely something I will take seriously!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Aug-29-03, 09:04

Plan: low carb & Atkins
Stats: 318/296/195 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 18%

I have a couple of friends who had done it, and the most common complain is that "they" come out uneven when not wearing a bra.. either the size is a bit off or they "point" in different direction..

Anyway, I am a guy and I didn't really care, but again they were not mine..
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Aug-29-03, 12:20

Plan: SBD
Stats: 209/173/150 Female 5'7"
BF:40.9%/33.5%/23%
Progress: 61%

I had my done in '98. Best thing i could have done since they had gone way south without any chance of them head'n north again in any resemblence of perky manner. I will reiterate Arie's comment. They are a nice size now, they do point off in separate directions a little, but with the bra's I wear you can't tell. I do have some feeling left in them. As for the size being off, it's not uncommon to have one side bigger than the other.
Do your research carefully. Ask if the Dr. has patients who you can talk to. (they always have pictures of the perfect cases). As for your DH, is he concerned more about not having anything to play with or you going into surgery? If the surgery helps you health wise and your insurance will pay for you might find it benifical and hopefully he will be understanding. Good luck . You might also search around this forum for other threads on this same topic to get more ideas/comments.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Aug-29-03, 13:40
Registered Member

Plan: general
Stats: 197/185/160 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

My sister had a reduction done about 10 years ago and she still says it's the best thing ever. She did say that her doctor was real picky about them being the same size during surgery, even lifted her up and made all the nurses agree that they were even!
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Aug-29-03, 16:44
Yo-Yo

Plan: Lighter Life
Stats: 284/234/167 Female 5 foot 10 inchs
BF:yes very!!!
Progress: 43%

I was interested in this post as I too want breast surgery I am happy with the size I just want an uplift! The last few replies in this post where very interesting but you didnt say what breast surgery you had? ie enlargment or breast uplift or both I would like to hear more from anyone who has only had a breast uplift and what the results where like? Thanks in advance!!
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-03, 11:50

Plan: SBD
Stats: 209/173/150 Female 5'7"
BF:40.9%/33.5%/23%
Progress: 61%

I had a reduction done.
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-03, 14:48

Stats: 233/197/163 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 51%

I love the fact that I have big boobies, I'm interested in the uplift, but damn - I am SOOOOOO scared of the pain!!!!

Can anyone give a personal experience of the pain involved and length of time for healing, also appreciated for tummy tucks too (I'm way too chicken for that but still would love to hear personal experiences).
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Sep-04-03, 10:44

Plan: Cyclic Ketogenic Diet
Stats: 261/236.5/160 Female 5'7"
BF:--%/--%/--%
Progress: 24%

My roommate had a breast reduction a year ago and she still says it's the best thing she's ever done for herself. Her back no longer hurts, she can exercise without pain and she can now finally wear shirts that fit properly. Her surgeon did an excellent job as well. She has very pale, thin/flat scars that are almost totally covered by the natural fall of her breasts. Aside from the surgical scars, you would not be able to tell that she even had the surgery! I would say she spent about at least a year researching every angle of the surgery, including looking for the perfect surgeon for her. Oh, and due to the size, pain and overall encumbrance due to her breasts, her insurance covered 80% of her expenses.
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Sep-04-03, 11:14

Stats: 255/187/150 Female 5'0
BF:
Progress: 65%

Thanks Dervish--that sounds like a real success.
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Sep-04-03, 13:29
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins-ish
Stats: 217/170/155 Female 5/5
BF:
Progress: 76%

I had both a breast reduction and a tummy tuck done last year. I had lost down from 217 to about 180 when I had them done. I WISH I had waited til I lost more of my weight, because I don't believe the tt would have been so painful. The BR was the best thing ever! I think the are beautiful! I kept a D cup (down from an H) because I hadn't lost all the weight I wanted, and wanted to end up at least a full C, small D. Again, the BR has done so much for my health, I look much thinner, and an added bonus: my husband thinks they are great! He helped in the decision! Also, not bad scarring, fading after only a year!