Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.K.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jul-22-03, 12:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 152/136/119 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 48%
Default Wow 2 Stone in 4 days

I wont have scales in the house so have to rely on the scales at Boots for my weekly weigh in.
I cheated a bit last week and weighed myself on Friday as i just couldn't wait and was 10st 4 lb.
Jumped on the scales today and the little printed slip said i was 8st 4 lb.

I Sat down in shock for about 5 minutes, then sat there for a further 5 minutes with a stupid grin on my face as i sat starring at my bit of paper.

Then i started thinking sensibly, i'm still wearing the same clothes without my trousers falling down around my ankles and though i know i have lost weight i do know i haven't lost that much.
The scales must be faulty!!!!

So back to reality i came, BUT for 10 mintues i was 8st 4lb and though this is way under my ideal weight, it felt sooooooo good.

Can't wait for the real thing, and though Boots have upset me by not being able to check my weight for a while they have given me a MAJOR boost to stick with my diet. Infact i was so happy as i left the shop i forgot to ask for my 30p back!!

Hope everyone else is having fun, and losing weight!!! Good Luck
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jul-22-03, 14:40

Stats: 300/291.5/150 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 6%

were you wearing super heavy shoes last week. Did you have laods of those pound coins in you pocket. Maybe you ARE 8 stones now but had too many clothes on last week.

My hubbie laffs at me bc we bought a new scale with digital display so I can read it better with no glasses or contacts on and it weighs me 3lbs heavy that the old one ( consistantly I still keep the old one to check) and I keep refering to my current wieght in terms of the old scale. I'm 197-3 =194
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jul-22-03, 15:45

BF:

LOL truely wish i was 8 stone, but theres no way i would be nicely fitting a pair of size 14 trousers if i was.

I hate that about scales, one reason why i always use the same ones, but as thay proved today it is still not 100%

I too think there is something wrong with your new scales, and would also knock 3 lb off what it says

My only worry now is that the scales were exactly 2 stone out, meaning i haven't lost any more weight since Friday
And how do i know they were stating the right weight on Friday? OMG i could be 12 stone again for all i know...lol

I think after this i might just stick to a tape measure, that never lies, or does it?
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-03, 01:51

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%

Hi Ebbie

If only!!! It must have been such a wonderful feeling until reality hit home.

All scales seem to way you differently as they are rarely calibrated. The important thing is to always weigh yourself on the same set of scales, at the same time of day, wearing approximately the same weight of clothes. Your body weight varies by around 3 to 5 pounds during the day depending on what you have eaten and drunk.

May you soon find that the scales are repaired and give you a reliable reading, with some pounds gone.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-03, 14:57

Plan: Generic Low Carb
Stats: 148/131/126 Female 5 ft 6"
BF:
Progress: 77%

I find the most favourable time is after my morning shower, wearing only my birthday suit - and my contact lenses

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleAnne
The important thing is to always weigh yourself on the same set of scales, at the same time of day, wearing approximately the same weight of clothes.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Jul-26-03, 03:17
Yo-Yo

Plan: Lighter Life
Stats: 284/234/167 Female 5 foot 10 inchs
BF:yes very!!!
Progress: 43%

My god!! that is the funniest post I have read in ages (youve really cheered me up) Wouldnt that have been great a whole 2 stone!! Never mind a least your still loosing.
It reminds me when i got weighed at boots once and I was about 2 stone heavier in less than a week I was devistated, until i realised I still had my heavy shopping bags in my hands!!
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Jul-26-03, 11:21

BF:

Hi Lynda

I'm glad we made you laugh.
Smiling burns up more calories than frowning.

Loved your story, sounds just like something i would do ..lol

A couple of months ago while i was weighing myself one of the shop girls told me to take my boots off while weighing. I told her it wouldn't bother me but she would regret it as my feet stink. I think they are in competiton with my breath at the moment lol.

Good luck Lynda
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Jul-26-03, 12:18
Yo-Yo

Plan: Lighter Life
Stats: 284/234/167 Female 5 foot 10 inchs
BF:yes very!!!
Progress: 43%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbie.B
Hi Lynda

I'm glad we made you laugh.
Smiling burns up more calories than frowning.

Loved your story, sounds just like something i would do ..lol

A couple of months ago while i was weighing myself one of the shop girls told me to take my boots off while weighing. I told her it wouldn't bother me but she would regret it as my feet stink. I think they are in competiton with my breath at the moment lol.

Good luck Lynda

You too!! somedays its ok but other days its bad and My teeth feel like they are wearing a fur coat (YUK).
I have the occasional blonde moment but good grief I am having more and more at the moment I think its this diet, and I really need chocolate.
Im not hungry I just want chocolate its doing my head in.
I think we should start a new revoultion get all the skinny people in the world fat, then we wouldnt need to diet!! (LOL)