Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Mar-11-04, 13:51

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 357/291/175 Female 68 in
BF:52.54%/46.5%/25%
Progress: 36%
Unhappy All-Around Just Plain Old Bad Day

I have not been good this week. My Grandpa died Tuesday, so all of my brothers and sisters and I got together and went to IHOP to talk and drink coffee. My 3 brothers decided they wanted to eat breakfast, 2 of my sisters and my sister in law had breakfast, so I decided, what the heck, and I ordered one of the specials, with the 2 eggs, 2 bacon strips, 2 sausages, etc. Well, it also comes with 2 pancakes, which Nick was going to eat, but I ended up eating them, and then I was just feeling depressed all day, and with all of the company in the house it is just easier to cook potatoes than anything else, so I did that, and the church people started bringing food to Dad's house and I ate potato salad here, and chocolate cake there, and now I am afraid to see how much weight I have gained.

Plus, I have a big test tomorrow that I do not feel prepared for. I need to pass it for my job, and I just am not confident!!

So I have the depression cycle going on now, with being depressed because I ate too much, so I eat more because I am drpressed that I ate too much.

I am back at work today and I have been really good so far, I had my CURVES protein shake for breakfast, and I brought a salad for lunch, and I have a PRIA bar for snack at 3:30. I don't know about supper yet, but will probably make fish, since I have some in the freezer.

ACK!!

I am glad I got online today though, because I have been reading posts and they have been making me smile, and I needed that. you guys are great!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Mar-11-04, 13:54
On my way to 200's

Plan: high protein low carb
Stats: 372.6/358/250 Female 5'5
BF:I've got that!
Progress: 12%

Sorry to hear about your loss. We all have times of depression where we just dont care. You've already made the first step on getting back on track just by posting this thread.

Hang in there,
Dewi
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Mar-11-04, 13:55

Plan: My own+BFL
Stats: 295/192/170 Female 5'4
BF:46.3/33/25
Progress: 82%

*hugs* the good thing is, you rebounded and just kept on trucking. I’m SO sorry for your loss, I know how hard it is, but today is a new day, and we all get a chance to start over.
The good thing is you dusted yourself off and got right back up! You can do it!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Mar-11-04, 13:56

Plan: stress & low carb
Stats: 298/242/175 Female 5' 7
BF:WAY/ TOO/ MUCH
Progress: 46%

YOU POOR THING! Dont dwell on the goodies u ate, just try to make tomorrow a better day.

(Now if only i could take my own advice i'd be fine...) LOL
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Mar-11-04, 13:59
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 238/215/175 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 37%

Hang in there girl...it rains...its pours!! The sun will shine soon enough!!

Ciao,
kelli
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Mar-11-04, 14:08

Plan: My Own
Stats: 258/247/180 Female 5 ft, 5 in
BF:
Progress: 14%

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss! Like everyone is saying, don't dwell on it! Focus on where you are now and what you're doing now. You're a doing well today - keep up the good work and stay strong! YOU CAN DO IT! Something that helps me out after I've cheated is lots and lots more water!!

Hang in there **hugs**
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Mar-11-04, 15:11
~Return to Reality~

Plan: LCHF also RNY Bypass
Stats: 288.8/183.6/159 Female 5'7"
BF:I/don't/know
Progress: 81%

I'm so sorry for your loss. It's hard at any time to cope with losing someong you love. You are very strong to come right back and put yourself back on your program. Look how far you have come! You have not only lost weight, you have developed some coping mechanisms to deal with the bad times (returning here). All the best as you go forward.

Louise
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Mar-11-04, 15:42

Stats: 286/261/160 Female 5'8"
BF:BMI43.5%/39.7%/24%
Progress: 20%

((((Hugs)))))

Oh to heck with it. You must have had a terrible shock and you are going through such a hard thing. That food won't undo all that you have done up until this point! Just remember that your beloved father would have wanted you to be taking care of yourself and your own needs . You take care of yourself and treat yourself gently at this most difficult time.

Orchid
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Mar-11-04, 15:53
Registered Member

Stats: 234/224/125 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 9%

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. It's hard. My granpa just died in December and it hit me harder than I thought it would. It'll get easier though, just take things slowly.

Don't get depressed over a bad day of eating. Shrug it off and pick up and carry on. One day of cheats is not the end of it all, it's how you react afterward. Face it....most of us will have a cheat (or a few) at some point in our lives and eat something we probably shouldn't have.

Sounds like you have picked yourself up and are carrying on admirably. Don't let it drag you down. Try and find something positive to focus on..I know that can be hard sometimes, but I'm willing to bet that there is a ton of things you have to be proud of.
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Mar-11-04, 16:30

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 333/199.8/172 Female 5'8"
BF:??/39.0/25
Progress: 83%

I am so sorry for your loss. Grandparents are truly wonderous people and you are so fortunate to have known your grandpa into your adult years. I'm sure you have lots of great memories.

There are always going to be events in our lives that make it difficult to follow any kind of a plan. You have shown a great deal of strength by posting here and getting back on plan. You have also proven that you do have what it takes to lose the weight. Just look at how far you have come! A day of eating off plan won't hurt you for the long term if you jump right back on.

Good luck with your test. You are probably more ready than you know, and I suspect the depression about going off plan is making you feel like everything is wrong. Keep your chin up!

Last edited by diemde : Thu, Mar-11-04 at 18:51.
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Mar-11-04, 16:43
Registered Member

Plan: ckd 24 hr carb up
Stats: 240/234/? Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 5%

DOn't give up!!!! You already made the mistake, and nothing will change that. It's what you choose to do next that will make a difference! It's hard losing a loved one but (eventhough most of us try) food can't repair out hearts. Come here instead and yell and scream and cry. And let us help. All the comfort food in the world will just make you feel worse in the end. Instead....go punch some pillows and scream into them (you'll feel better and get a little exercise along with it ).

I'm sure your grandpa and everyone else that loves you would rather you be healthy. Remember, he is still watching over you and knows you love him. He wants you to take care of yourself too.

We care too, and I personally will let you yell and scream at me if it helps, and I'll lend a shoulder for you to cry on too.
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Mar-11-04, 17:52

Plan: Semi-Vegeterian LCer
Stats: 375/000/220 Female 5'5
BF:45%
Progress: 242%

So sorry about your lost...I failed a test on my sister's birthday and I just jumped back on that horse...it's hard sometimes not to fall back on old habits during hard times or times of celebration even...don't beat yourself...there's aways tomorrow. Best of luck and I wish you the best...

Last edited by leasmom : Thu, Mar-11-04 at 20:19.
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Mar-11-04, 20:00
Lowcarb since 7/2002

Stats: 360/232/180 Female 5'9"
BF:BMI 53.2/34.3/?
Progress: 71%

I am so sorry for your loss. As someone who was close to her grandparents and spent a significant amount of time living in their house while I was growing up, I know how difficult it can be.

You really need to do something nice for yourself, but eating isn't it. Whenever I am in a similar situation to the one you are in, I remind myself that eating too much will only make things worse. Then I try to think of what I can for myself that is physical but doesn't involve eating. For me it often involves getting outside in the fresh air, but we are all different, so different things work for different people. For some people a massage helps, or a long nap, or something like that.

Can you put off the test for a couple of weeks? You've just been through a big shock and having extra pressure now is probably not very helpful.
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Mar-11-04, 20:34

Plan: Moderate Low Carb
Stats: 288/240/150 Female 5'0''
BF:
Progress: 35%

Sometimes you just need those feel good foods. Yoo're going through a lot. Don't feel guilty and be proud that you are right back on track

Take care,
Christy
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Mar-12-04, 05:23

Plan: Atkins/W.W.
Stats: 401/299/170 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 44%

Sorry about your loss...you're doing the right thing by getting back on plan right away.