Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jun-03-03, 18:48

Plan: atkins
Stats: 283/279/162
BF:
Progress: 3%
Question Day 4 Induction .New Member Here Help

Hi To All,
This is my first time on these boards.
I actually have 120 pounds to loose and cant believe it. Well minus 4 pounds from that since Ive lost 4 on the first four days of induction. I am female 5'9 and want to loose this as fast as I can, I know I know...please dont bother me with statements like "the slow horse wins the race" "slow but sure" "its not when you get there, but that you get there" "you didnt gain it over night" kind of comments . I want , would love , to hear from Atkin dieters who have been extreeeeemely successful by loosing fast. ONce I decide to do something, which I have now, I tend to move with it fast. SOOO any advice??????

Last edited by ByeByeBlob : Tue, Jun-03-03 at 18:52.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jun-04-03, 02:54

Plan: M&E no cheese no cream
Stats: 286/277.8/175 Female 170 cms
BF:130/126.1/80 KILO
Progress: 7%

Hi BBB
It's a bit hard to give you advice since you've already indicated that you don't want to hear the truth It just IS different for everybody.
But, if you have lost 4 pounds already in the first 4 days, you're off on a great start and I wouldn't be surprised if you'd continue to do very well.
The first time I did Atkins (in the seventies) I lost a lot of weight (approx 60 pounds) in less than 6 months and I felt great.
I was in my twenties then and that makes a difference. If you're young, you go faster, if you're a man, you go faster. if it's your first time, you go faster.
But the great thing is that this is a healthy WOL (way of life) for everybody and everybody will lose weight, be it ever so slowly

I hope this helps you a bit anyway!
A journal is a good way to keep track of what you're doing and of the results, and people will come in and tell you if they think you should change things. Feel free to visit my journal, just click on the link at the bottom of this message if you want to.

all the best with your diet and keep drinking a lot of water, that'll help shift those pounds and will prevent headache - which sometimes shows up in the first days of induction!

cheers
Willeke
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jun-04-03, 06:41

Plan: ?
Stats: 1/1/1 Male 1
BF:
Progress: 37%
Thumbs up Excercise

Hi,

And welcome to the forum, I have to agree with everything Willeke has written above, I can think of no one that wants to loose slow?

We are all at the mercy of how our bodies control the loss of weight. We can not control how fast we loose more than to remain true to the plan, with NO deviations, interpretations or hesitations.

Read the book again, get it correct in your mind and download the accecptable food list of the Atkins site and put at hand at all times for a referance.

Excercise is the key, what do you currently do? what do you enjoy? what ever get up and move and get your body burning fat efficently.

Drink more water than you can imagine, It helps in so many ways to shift those pounds, and don't forget to eat, don't be scared to eat plenty of FAT, do NOT try a low fat/low carb thats not what this plan is all about and will slow up your weight loss.

I reckon you will need something in the region of 2000 calories a day, not that you have to count, just focus on keeping those carbs to 20 grams during induction.

And starting a journal would be good to keep track of your progress

All the best.

Last edited by thebigman : Wed, Jun-04-03 at 07:57.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jun-04-03, 08:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/184/140 Female 5ft 4 inches
BF:lost track
Progress: 56%
Default Burn baby Burn

So you want to be a FAT burning machine???

I agree with statements made by Graeme and Willeke. We are at the mercy of our body/metabolism differences. However, if you want to work this plan aggressively and healthfully it will be up to you.

1) You made changes to your diet. Stick to it. Any deviation will set you back a week! This will slow your progress.
2) WATER,WATER,WATER- to flush the toxins and help with weight loss. Overweight people should drink an extra 8 oz of water for each 25 lbs they are overweight. ( I drink 96 oz a day minimum)
3) Exercise- 3 days of 20 mins cardio, 2 days strenght training to build lean muscle mass. 1 lb of lean muscle burns MORE calories than fat.
4) Supplement your diet with essential oils and minerals!

Let the progress begin.

Keep us posted of your results.

Tanya
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jun-04-03, 11:24

Plan: atkins
Stats: 283/279/162
BF:
Progress: 3%
Default thanks

to the repliers , I appreciate the words of encourgement and advice, I now feel i can do this, since so may of you are doing so well with it. MUCH THANKS
I am thinking of joining curves to work out. Does anyone belong to curves and have they seen results?
What meds are supposed to be avoided while on Atkins?
Thanks
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jun-05-03, 10:54

Plan: Atkins-Started 6 Jan 2003
Stats: 445/445/225 Male 6 ft 3 in
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi there,

I wanted to let you know that I have lost 82 pounds in 6 months. That to me is a lot of weight in a fairly short time.

To me willpower is the undoubted key to my success so far. Be strict with yourself and watch that weight come off.

Regards

Kenny

Last edited by kenny : Thu, Jun-05-03 at 10:55.